MEGA PROTEIN FILLED JACKFRUIT TACOS
These jackfruit tacos are jammed packed with protein and flavor. A must-try recipe revealed on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE with guest chefs Jezzy B & DJ Mike Sincere. This vegan duo is an incredible pair, talented both in the kitchen and out. Let’s take a look at how to make these powerful tacos.
THE DJ AND CHEF DUO
Jezzy and Mike (@Plantbasedamor) are a GF Vegan Couple based in Los Angeles who are Vegan Foodies by day and DJs by night. They have a passion for spreading awareness about veganism in their own creative way. Their goal is to build a platform where they can help inspire current & future generations to adopt a cruelty-free lifestyle because they believe it all starts with what we put on our plates, so that’s where Jezzy and Mike’s recipes & foodie adventures come into play. By cooking up their recipes or choosing to eat at the best vegan spots, they are lowering their environmental impact, saving the lives of animals, and becoming healthier than ever. And that’s what this duo wants to show the world.
TIME TO MAKE JACKFRUIT TACOS
Jackfruit tacos are simple to make and banging with flavor. This recipe includes all sorts of unique flavors and spices, including pineapple sauce and African spices! Your tastebuds will be pleased with the new flavors you are introducing and will gobble down every bite then beg for more. It’s a quick recipe to throw together, so give it a try and let us know how you liked these massive tacos.
Mega Jackfruit Tacos
- TJ’s Gluten free tortillas
- 1 can of jackfruit
- TJ’s avocado oil spray
- 1/4 cup of TJ’s Spicy Pineapple Sauce
- 1 can of Organic pinto beans
- TJ’s guacamole
- TJ’s organic tomatillo salsa
- TJ’s 21 spices
- TJ’s South African Spice blend
- Prepare jackfruit by opening can and draining brine. Rinse jackfruit completely.
- Into a bowl add rinsed jackfruit and spicy pineapple sauce. Smash jackfruit pods with potato masher.
- Pop in the air fryer or 15 min at 375 F.
- Meanwhile, add drained and rinsed beans to skillet with a bit of avocado oil. Add a dash of 21 spices and south African spice.
- Heat up tortilla by spraying both sides with avocado oil. Place on “comal” or iron skillet.
- On one side spread the fiesta cashew cheese, top with beans and the jackfruit. Fold and flip to cook other side until crisp.
- Enjoy with guacamole and salsa!
TACOS FOR LUNCH, ALWAYS A GOOD DAY!
Any day that we have tacos for lunch is a good day! I hope you give this delicious recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Hop over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton more easy vegan recipes for you to try. Until next time…keep cookin’!