BELL PEPPER VEGAN CURRY FOR THE WIN!
Today we spice up life with purple & red bell pepper vegan curry! Learn how to make this satisfying Indian dish, made with vegetables and chickpea flour, on #LunchBreakLIVE with Chef Dr. Sirisha Potluri. Let’s dive right into this incredible meal and see how it’s done…
SHE KNOWS HER WAY AROUND THE KITCHEN
Dr. Sirisha Potluri is a medical doctor and dietary/lifestyle medicine coach certified in plant-based nutrition through ECornell. She got her MBBS from Guntur Medical College and did a family medicine internship at California medical center. Her interest is in plant-based nutrition and disease prevention.
She has hosted over 70+ plant-based workshops and more than 6+ diabetes prevention, treatment, and remission programs. She has been featured on numerous shows and podcasts including Jane Unchained News Network, Chef AJ, Gift of Health, etc. She co-founded and currently manages, “Plant-Based Thursdays”, a social network consisting of 1000+ active participants. Along with illness prevention and disease reversal, her passion is to craft whole-food plant-based recipes, which she constantly updates to her blog.
VEGAN CURRY. HEALTHY, TASTY, SIMPLE TO MAKE!
Curry is generally very vegan-friendly, super simple to make, and full of bursting flavors. This recipe is definitely one you should introduce to the family, especially if they love Indian food and all the flavors that come with it. Dr. Sirisha generously shows us how to put this dish together in the video above, so I hope you watch it and give the recipe a try. I am pretty certain you will fall in love with this meal.
Purple & Red Bell Pepper Vegan Curry
- 1-1/2 cups Chick pea flour besan
- 2 Onions diced into small cubes
- 2-3 strings of curry leaves
- 2 Red Bell peppers chopped.
- 4 small Purple Bell Peppers chopped.
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder +pinch of black pepper powder
- Masala Powder made with 1 teaspoon cumin seeds+ 1 tablespoon sesame seeds+1 tablespoon almonds!
- Water as required
- 2 cups Cilantro Dhania Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut or date sugar to balance flavors optional
- 1 teaspoon of lemon/ lime juice optional
- Heat a Heavy bottom pan and add curry leaves and diced onions and sauté till slightly browned.
- Meanwhile micro wave or steam diced bell peppers to make them semi soft!
- Add dry masalas and capsicum to the same and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add besan to this with hand slowly and stir using the other, taking care there are no lumps.
- Sprinkle some water, cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Now add date sugar and lemon juice, mix well Garnish with chopped cilantro and it is ready to be served.
- It tastes great with whole wheat roti, quinoa, or as a filling in the sandwich or burritos!
VEGAN CURRY FOR LUNCH, WHAT A TREAT!
I hope you enjoyed this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE as much as I did. Indian food is the bomb. Always full of the best flavors and textures. If you give this recipe a try, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Leave a comment here and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other vegan recipes to cook up, stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!