Erin Riley-Carrasco is loving all of the plant-based seafood options that are now available!! In this recipe, she uses plant-based shrimp, linguine, zucchini, lemon, vegan butter and spices to make a delicious vegan pasta dish!
This meal is truly a testament to just how far vegan food has come!! This cruelty-free vegan seafood dish looks like it takes hours to prepare, but as Erin demonstrates in the video, it is actually quite simple and easy to prepare.
WOW your friends and family with this delicious and impressive plant-based meal.
VEGAN SHRIMP SCAMPI on today’s #SATURDAYSNACKDOWN with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50 Erin Riley-Carrasco. This dish is SO yummy, cruelty-free, of course, and very filling. It makes a beautiful platter for festive parties. Enjoy! #JANEUNCHAINED #LIVE
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, August 1, 2020
When I first went vegan I thought for sure I would never have seafood again. Well, I was right…no more animal-based seafood. But now it is just as easy to enjoy a flavorful seafood dish, without the cruelty! The vegan products available today, like vegan shrimp, are simply amazing, and much healthier for you in the long-run than the non-vegan versions. If you are a fan of seafood, I highly recommend you try out this recipe. You will not be disappointed.
Vegan Shrimp Scampi
- 1 package of linguine
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized or one package of pre-spiraled zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of plant-based shrimp
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook linguine according to directions on the package. Right before it’s el dente, add the zucchini spirals and cook
- until the pasta is done and then drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter in saucepan and cook the chopped onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic and
- continue to saute for several minutes. Remove to a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter in the skillet and add the plant-based shrimp and garlic salt. Cook until the shrimps are golden on both sides.
- Return the cooked onions and garlic mixture into the skillet and add the lemon, vegetable broth and parsley and cook for several minutes.
- Combine the cooked linguine and zucchini with the vegan shrimp mixture into a large bowl or serving platter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.