Erin Riley-Carrasco shows us once again how to make her amazing, 100% cruelty-free vegan deviled eggs. This recipe is so popular, it has been requested over and over again. Therefore, with Easter coming up, Erin decided to show off this awesome recipe again. Even though we are under stay at home orders, due to the Coronavirus, we can still cook up a delicious vegan Easter meal at home.
Back by popular demand~ EVERYTHING VEGAN EGGS!! 100% cruelty free vegan deviled eggs that #JANEUNCHAINED’s #SATURDAYSNACKDOWN host Erin Riley-Carrasco PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50 has perfected! Must try recipe for Easter Holiday coming up. Also, check out Erin’s segment (#3) on the brand new vegan cooking show #NewDayNewChef! amazon.com/New-Day-Chef/dp/B084TNLF6YEnjoy! #crueltyfreeeggs
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, April 4, 2020
Back by popular demand, on today’s #SaturdaySnackdown, Erin Riley-Carrasco made her delectable vegan deviled egg recipe. She made this vegan recipe on the amazing new vegan cooking show, “New Day New Chef!”, now streaming on Amazon Prime Video (She’s on Episode 3!) Erin shows us that it’s SO easy to make delicious vegan egg dishes without the cruelty of the egg industry. This is the perfect dish to serve up for Easter. Every time she makes this recipe, her friends and family cannot believe how delicious and mouthwatering these deviled “eggs” are and they’re always the first appetizer to disappear.
Let’s be real, there are so many different variations of vegan “eggs” these days, that there is no excuse to eat regular eggs. Not only that, but the vegan egg has ZERO cholesterol, unlike regular eggs. Just Egg is my go-to brand for scrambled eggs or breakfast burritos. Many guests have made vegan eggs on #LunchBreakLIVE with a variety of recipes. Here is a great episode with Donny Moss of Their Turn, cooking up a vegan scramble.
Prior to being vegan, I ate A LOT of eggs, so when I first went vegan almost 9 years ago, I missed them (but not the cruelty). Although all my old cravings vanished quickly after becoming vegan, today I can enjoy “eggs” whenever I want.
On next week’s show, Erin will be teaching us the super quick and easy recipes for vegan egg salad sandwiches and scrambled eggs, using many of the same ingredients used in this recipe. These are a must-try, so be sure to check back for that recipe!
Delectable Vegan Deviled Eggs
- about 12 Baby Red or Red Fingerling potatoes halved steamed and centers scooped out
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons *Kala Namak *Himalayan black salt - can be found in Indian food stores or can be ordered through Amazon.
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- splash of Almond or unsweetened Soy Milk if consistency is too thick
- Paprika to sprinkle on top
- parsley to garnish
- Wash potatoes (thoroughly scrub) and then steam in 1-inch water for about 25 minutes. Drain and then let cool.
- Cut in half and then scoop out the inside of potatoes with a melon baller. Make sure you leave a small ridge around the inside of potatoes. Place in a bowl to mash.
- Add the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, Kala Namack, nutritional yeast and Almond Milk (if needed) and mix together. You may want to add a little more vegan mayonnaise to get the consistency creamier. Mash all ingredients with a fork.
- Scoop the mixture into the inside of the potatoes (you can also use a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the hollowed-out potatoes.)
- Top with a sprinkle of paprika on each potato and garnish with fresh parsley. Place inside a deviled food egg platter and you have a beautiful presentation!