THESE HOMEMADE ENERGY BARS BRING FALL TO LIFE
3-STEP raw plant-based homemade energy bars made with pumpkin spice and everything nice! The Sassy Senior Chef Charlene is the star of the show with her famous recipe! Today on #LunchBreakLIVE, guest chef Charlene Woodruff RN shows us how to make these delicious and healthy, totally raw treats that are seeping with fall flavors. Let’s take a closer look at how it’s done…
THE SASSY CHEF
Charlene Woodruff, a registered nurse of 40 years, wears many hats during the day! She has trained in Italy as a certified plant-based raw foods chef and has been doing a weekly virtual cooking show for 2 years.
Charlene has managed and owned two healthcare training schools and presently develops curriculum for college nursing programs. As a mother of one adult son and 2 grandbabies, she still finds time to volunteer to help people eat healthy to maintain and regain their health.
SO HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE HOMEMADE ENERGY BARS?
This recipe for homemade energy bars is so simple and so quick to make, requiring zero baking at all. Now that is my kind of recipe! They are filled with oats, dates, sweet potatoes, walnuts, protein powder, and all the right spices that make them taste like fall! These little healthy treats are perfect for the holiday season to have around the house when you need a snack and crave the flavors of the season. Give them a try and let us know how you liked them!
RAW PUMPKIN SPICE ENERGY BARS
- 2 cups rolled oats old fashioned
- 10 soaked dates Pitted
- 3/4 cup raw sweet potatoes diced
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 2 scoops of vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 2½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 2-3 Tbs water from soaked dates
- 1. Put dates in food processor or blender with the water and process until smooth. Add raw sweet potatoes and process until chopped fine ( 30secs)
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until well mixed. Garnish with coconut, processed raw sweet potatoes and walnuts or pecans
- Press in a shallow glass dish and refrigerate and enjoy after 30 minutes
FALL BRINGS WITH IT FLAVOR
Fall flavors are the best flavors and these homemade energy bars are filled with the pumpkin spice we crave during this time of year. Give these no-bake treats a try. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @Unchained_Tv on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!