A MUST TRY VEGAN DONUT RECIPE
Your sweet tooth is going to be happy with this vegan donut recipe made on #LunchBreakLIVE by a 13-year-old vegan chef , Nyla Reese. Nyla is the creator of Nyla’s Petite Bakery with her mom and sister. Today she prepared her original recipe for us: “The Petite Plant-Based Oreo Donuts.” Let’s take a look closer at how to make these delicious treats.
ABOUT NYLA’S PETIT BAKERY
Nyla Reese, the owner of Nyla’s Petite Bakery, is a 13-year-old plant-based baker. She has been vegan for almost 3 years with her mom and her younger sister. She started making her delicious plant-based sweets in November 2020! Located in Harlem, NY, she vendors her delicious, petite, sweet treats at selective events!
Nyla’s Petite Bakery is a vegan bakery that makes bite-sized plant-based desserts. She makes petite donuts (with different flavors), muffins (with different flavors), cakes and cupcakes that are tasty, and vegan! Her inspiration came from the craving for vegan sweet treats locally but it was a late night and the cupboards were empty except ingredients to her first-ever dessert, blueberry muffins! “The muffin size turned out small, but I enjoyed it!” she says. So ever since then, all her desserts are bite-sized!
GIVE ME THE VEGAN DONUT RECIPE ALREADY!
A Petite Oreo Donut is exactly what it sounds like, a mini donut with Oreo crumbles in them and a donut glaze made with Oreo cream. Yes, Oreos are vegan! That was a big shocker to Nyla, so she decided to create a delicious vegan recipe with Oreos! And that is where the Oreo Donuts came from!
Petite Plant-Based Oreo Donuts With Nyla’s Petite Bakery
- Donut Batter:
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ cup of sugar i use coconut
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil semi-melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk i use oat-ly
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- A splash of date syrup optional
- And around ½ cup of an oreo cookie crumbled.
- Donut Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons oreo filling
- Separate 6-8 oreo cookies from the cream. Set cream aside.
- Crush oreo cookies in a bowl.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the donuts. Leave a little bit of oreo crumble aside for the topping.
- Put dough into an electric mini donut maker. If baking in an oven, preheat your oven to 350°, grease your donut tin, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, in a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the donut glaze. If the glaze is too doughy, add a bit of plant-milk. If the glaze is too runny, add more powdered sugar.
- Take donuts out of the oven/maker when ready, and let cool for about 7 minutes.
- Dip donuts in glaze, sprinkle oreo crumble on top and chow down.
A SWEET TREAT
What a great show with young Nyla showing us how to make her delicious sweet treat vegan donuts. Give her recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished donuts and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Interested in other easy vegan recipes? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!