An Asian Seasoning With More Than One Use!
Ever tasted Tokyo Street Fries? They are made with an awesome seasoning that can be used on many different dishes. On today’s #LunchBreakLIVE we have a #1 YouTube Influencer, Vegan Chef Lauren Toyota joining us. She teaches us how to make her special seasoning, perfect for Tokyo Street Fries. Let’s check out how it’s done…
Ever tasted Tokyo Street Fries? Let’s do this! Jump on with one of the #1 YouTubers, Vegan Chef Lauren Toyota, “Hot for Food” creator, recipe creator, best-selling cookbook author, popular food blogger, and successful entrepreneurial creating this tasty potato favorite #LIVE on #today’s #LunchBreakLIVE at 12:30pm PT/3:30pm ET on #JaneUnChained News.hot for food blogOrder your copy of Lauren's books at: https://www.hotforfoodblog.com
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Monday, March 29, 2021
YouTube Influencer, Cookbook Author, and So Much More!
Lauren is the author of the bestselling cookbook Hot For Food All Day. She’s been named one of Canada’s Most Influential Vegans and has appeared on many national television programs sharing her expertise in making vegan food fast and fun. Lauren’s YouTube channel, Instagram, and website, hot for food, have amassed millions of views and devoted fans.
Lauren Toyota’s Hot for Food is one of the most followed vegan YouTube channels in the world and has become the go-to source online for flavorful, vegan comfort food recipes. But let’s face it—epic vegan food can take a lot of work. So in Hot For Food All Day, Lauren collects her simplest, tastiest recipes for the quickest weeknight meals, easy work lunches, and satisfying breakfasts.
Separated by meal type, and with choose-your-own-adventure recipes for mac ‘n’ cheese, snack mixes, scones, and more, Hot For Food All Day has everything you can expect from Lauren— Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps, Spiced Grilled Cheese, Stuffed Breakfast Danishes, Tokyo Street Fries—as well as ideas for leveling up your leftovers to make your vegan meals amazing all week. With more than 100 utterly simple, crazy-delicious vegan recipes that satisfy cravings all day, every day, plus photos chronicling what Lauren eats in a day, as well as endless ideas for dressings, sauces, and other flavor boosters, Lauren proves again that vegans can eat whatever they want.
Time To Check Out How This Asian Seasoning Can Create Magic!
This Asian Seasoning is so unique you’ll want to show it off to everyone you know! You can use it not only for Tokyo Fries but also as a popcorn seasoning, or mix it into rice or noodle bowls. It is a seasoning that is sure to level-up your vegan dishes and impress anyone who tries it. The recipe is below so be sure to give it a shot.
Tokyo Street Fries
- SEASONING: MAKES ABOUT 1⁄2 CUP
- 1 package 35 oz/10 g or 2 large sheets roasted salted seaweed snacks
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons mixed black and white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon sea salt
- FRIES + SRIRACHA MAYO:
- 1 package frozen shoestring fries about 20 oz/567 g
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green
- onion white and light green parts
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- TOKYO SEASONING:
- Use a clean coffee grinder or spice grinder to grind the ingredients to a very fine powder. First grind the roasted seaweed snacks in batches by adding torn pieces to the grinder to get them into small pieces. The seaweed snacks have additional oil, so they will stick to the sides of the grinder. You might need to stop and start the grinder to push the pieces toward the blade and continue puls- ing. Pour into a bowl when each batch is finished. Then add all the small pieces of seaweed back into the grinder with the dried minced onion, sesame seeds, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and pulse to a fine powder. You may have to do this in two batches.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lay out the frozen fries on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or according to package directions, until golden brown and crispy.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- When the fries are baked, immediately transfer to a large bowl and toss with the popcorn seasoning.
- Transfer the fries to a serving platter, add Tokyo Seasining and mix to evening spread on fries, drizzle with the Sriracha mayo, and sprinkle the green onion and sesame seeds on top.
Thanks For Joining Us On #LunchBreakLIVE
I loved this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE where we learned how to make an incredible Asian seasoning that is versatile and can be used on many different snack foods or meals. But today it was used to make Tokyo Street Fries that are simply awesome! If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump on over to the #LBL page where we have a ton for you to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!