A Vegan Japanese Pancake Recipe Overflowing With Veggies!
Nicole Derseweh’s graces us with her culinary skills as she creates a lovely vegan Japanese pancake with fresh veggies on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. We love having Nicole on the show. She always creates the most interesting and delicious vegan recipes for us, that anyone can indulge in at home. Let’s take a look and how she made this unique and tasty meal.
Japanese Vegetable Pancakes are a sumptuous, gourmet experience! Add this your culinary skills! Cookbook author and vegan chef Nicole Derseweh shows you how to whip up a lovely vegan Japanese pancake with fresh veggies! Get her Vegan Ketogenic Diet Cookbook NOW: amzn.to/3huIJwo #LunchBreakLIVE today on #JaneUnchained News, with host Paige Parsons Roache, Producer/Sr. Booker.
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, December 26, 2020
Who is Chef Nicole Derseweh?
Nicole Derseweh is a best-selling cookbook author, a world-class vegan chef with culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu, and is a private chef to Hollywood’s most famous health-conscious stars. Described by some as the vegan love child of Rachel Ray and Tina Fey, Nicole trained at Upright Citizens Brigade (completing their acclaimed master’s program) and she’s been the national spokesperson for multiple national campaigns for brands including Prego, Turbo Tax, and True Car. Nicole is also the founder of an LA-based charity, The Martha Project, which has to date catered over 2,500 plant-based meals for LA’s houseless community!
Wow, what an incredible young woman. If you are interested in purchasing her Vegan ketogenic Diet cookbook, you can do so HERE. Who says Ketogenic can’t be vegan?! If you are on the Ketogenic diet or interested in it, you can be successful in making it entirely vegan. So check out her book.
Now Let’s Get Back To The Vegan Japanese Pancake
I have never even heard of a Japanese pancake until now. It sounds so interesting, and oh so delicious. I imagine I would like it because I like ANYTHING with the word pancake in it. Haha. This particular pancake seems really quite unique, and also very healthy. Nicole piles in the veggies, making sure to get in all those nutrient-dense foods. Definitely watch the above video to see how this pancake is made. It is not your usual breakfast pancake, and I am not going to give always the secrets here. So watch the video. 🙂
Ready To Make This Totally Awesome Plant-Based Japanese Pancake?
I am providing the recipe below for this creative and unique meal. I for one can’t wait to make this. I love Japanese food, so the idea of a Japanese pancake is super appealing to me. I hope you will also try this recipe and let us know how you liked it. And if you are looking for other tasty vegan recipes, we have a ton for you to choose from, so be sure to check those out too. Until next time…keep cookin’!
Vegan Japanese Pancake
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 5 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil or nonstick for cooking
- 1.) in a small mixing bowl combine miso paste with gluten-free flour and water. Whisk until a pancake-like batter is achieved. Set aside.
- 2.) toss together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3.) pour pancake batter over your vegetable ingredients and toss thoroughly to make sure all parts of the veggie mix get coded evenly.
- 4.) heat your skillet on medium. Coat pan with nonstick spray or a little bit of coconut oil.
- 5.) place a generous scoop of the mixture onto the skillet, making sure to clump it together like a haystack or crabcake. Sear for a couple of minutes on that side.
- 6.) using a spatula flip your cake over and toast the other side. Remove from heat and keep warm until you have repeated this process with the remaining batter.
- 7.) to serve you can top with toasted sesame seeds, tamari, sesame oil, fresh chives, or vegan mayonnaise and Sriracha. Enjoy!