Who doesn’t LOVE Peanut Butter and Jelly? Give me any nut butter and some jelly and I am a happy woman. In this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown, Erin Riley-Carrasco shares one of her favorite “vegan by default” indulgences…a delicious combo of organic peanut butter, raspberry jelly, and bananas. These no oil, protein-packed, super tasty treats are fun to make with the kids or fun to make if you’re just a big kid at heart.
There are only 6 ingredients in these delicious plant-based cookies and you can get creative and add sprinkles of your choice or vegan mini chocolate chips at the end to top the cookies off, as Erin did. The possibilities truly are endless, so get creative and put on your baking gloves! This is a vegan recipe you don’t want to pass up.
Sweets have always been troublesome for me, so I generally don’t eat them (because I don’t know when to stop ha ha). However, with a recipe like this, so healthy AND tasty, I think I might just have to make these. They are a guilt-free dessert.
Peanut butter gets a bad name by some because it is considered a high-fat food. But the fat in peanut butter is heart-healthy monosaturated fat. This is the good fat your body needs and craves. It is also a great source of potassium, magnesium, iron, and protein. So don’t be so hard on peanut butter. It’s a healthy food choice.
Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour heaping
- 6-7 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Optional: Red & White Sugar Sprinkles or “Enjoy Life” mini vegan chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Mix 6 main ingredients in bowl (only using 4 tablespoons of the raspberry jam.) Start off with the bananas by mashing with a fork and then add the other ingredients and mix well.
- When done mixing, form the dough into round balls and flatten with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven. While dough is still pliable, make an indent in the cookies and spoon in the remaining 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam into every cookie.
- Return cookies to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool. Add the sugar sprinkles or vegan chocolate chips.