#SaturdaySnackDown with Erin Riley-Carrasco, PETA’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50 and Health and Wellness Advocate phenomenon Christy Card. On this episode, this dynamic duo will be making a delicious and cruelty-free vegan currie dish and tasty vegan chocolate protein cashew butter cups.
#SaturdaySnackdown #LIVE on #JaneUnchained with Erin Riley-Carrasco PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50 and Health and Wellness Advocate phenomenon Christy Card- Lifestyle Entrepreneur making a delicious and cruelty free vegan protein packed Chickpea Curry dish and tasty vegan Chocolate Cashew Butter Cups! ENJOY! #plantbasedrecipes #crueltyfree #quickandeasyveganrecipes #veganeats
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, January 25, 2020
Erin Riley-Carrasco loved having her friend Christy Card on #SaturdaySnackDown. This weekly cooking show is all about sharing quick and easy plant-based recipes that are good for you, the planet, and the animals. Christy’s Spicy Curry Chickpea dish and Vegan Chocolate Protein Cashew Cups definitely accomplished all of these standards. Being vegan is not only a sustainable, healthy way of living but it is FUN creating all these awesome recipes that cause the least amount of harm to our beautiful planet and the precious sentient beings that inhabit it. Vegan has never felt better! Join the global movement that just might save all of us. Go Vegan!
The Vegan Chocolate Powder used in this dessert recipe is from Arbonne, a company that is toxin-free, vegan and PETA approved. If you’d like to try the chocolate powder or any other vegan products, Christy is an Independent Arbonne Consultant and you can purchase from her or your nearby Arbonne Consultant. Send Christy a DM on her IG @christytakesontheworld.
Now let’s check out the delicious food made on this episode on #SaturdaySnackDown and be sure to check out the recipes and make these dishes at home!
SPICY VEGAN CURRY CHICKPEA w/ CILANTRO
- Coconut Oil or Vegetable stock for simmering onion and garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas drained - home cooked or canned
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Jalapeno Pepper chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Peel and finely chop onion and feel and crush garlic.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into about 3/4" (2cm) cubes, the bigger the cubes the longer they take to cook. Make sure they are no bigger than 3/4".
- Once hot, add a splash of avo oil to the pan and then add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- (If serving over freshly steamed rice, now is a good time to start preparing that)
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, sweet potato and chickpeas and stir well. Make sure all sweet potato cubes are well submerged in liquid so they cook fast.
- Bring to the boil and once boiling reduce heat to constant simmer (medium low).
- Let simmer uncovered until sweet potato is cooked through and sauce has thickened (20-30 minutes), stirring mid through and making sure again all sweet potato pieces are submerged in liquid at all times.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then serve over steamed brown Basmati rice. Garnish with freshly chopped Jalapeño peppers and Cilantro.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CASHEW CUPS
- 6 Scoops Arbonne Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Cashew Butter
- Mix Protein and melted Coconut Oil together. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into ice cube trays filled 1/3 of the way. Place into freezer for 15 minutes. Take out, and add Cashew Butter to 2/3 line. Then top off with the rest of the mixture. Place back into the freezer for another 15 minutes. Serve cold. Store in the freezer.