MEATLESS MEATBALLS on yesterdays #SaturdaySnackdown with Erin Riley-Carrasco PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50 and the uber-talented Whole Food Plant-Based Italian Chef Roberto Carboni. These meatless meatballs are so delicious and contain all organic ingredients and no oil.
You can find Chef Roberto’s delicious 100% whole food plant-based products like “Meatless Meatball” Sauce and “WFPB Balsamic Salad Dressing” on his website www.wfpbchef.com He’s a wealth of knowledge and his recipes are SO GOOD! Enjoy!
On this weeks #SaturdaySnackDown we made MOUTHWATERING MEATLESS MEATBALLS by the talented Whole Food Plant Based Chef Roberto Carboni! We always love having Chef Roberto on our show and today he shared a super tasty recipe made out of all organic products, using no oil! When enjoying this Italian dish, feel NO GUILT because it’s all super healthy ingredients. Chef Carboni even sells his incredible vegan products on his website: www.wfpbchef.com Check out his website and all the great homemade and whole food plant based items he sells at very reasonable prices! It’s never been easier to go vegan!
All the ingredients used in this amazing recipe.
Ingredients: (All organic)
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup of brown rice
1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 cup cooked brown lentils
1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds
1 cup packed peas
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp oregano
4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup Cassava Flour (optional ~ used for thickening)
1. Over medium-high heat, cook the onions until translucent and add the garlic. Cook for additional 30 seconds
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until all water has evaporated. Then add peas, basil, and oregano. Cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the ground sunflower seeds and 1/2 of the cooked lentils. Mix until the mixture is uniform.
4. Add the pine nuts, remaining lentils, brown rice, sun-friend tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
5. This step is optional: Add the Cassava flour to help bind the mixture. This will help keep the shape of the meatballs while cooking.
6. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs, or use a small ice cream scoop.
7. Placed on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F. for 40 minutes
8. Serve in the stew & allow juices from stew to soak into the meatball. Don’t cook for too long air the meatballs with fall apart.
Check out these delicious meatless meatballs.
Chef Carboni and Erin posing with their delicious meatless meatballs.