Today on #LunchBreakLIVE we have Onyx Black, who is a certified Master Gardener (certified by the UC Cooperative Extension, LA and Ventura County Natural Resources) and has a new vegan dessert company called Vsweetz in Los Angeles, California. In Dec 2017, her delicious “made to order” desserts will be available at the Ellora Wellness Farmer’s Market in Sunland-Tujunga, Los Angeles.
RECIPE: Onyx’s Breakfast Banana Quesadilla
INGREDIENTS (per person)
- 1 corn or flour tortilla
- 1 banana, naturally ripened with brown freckles
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Earth Balance vegan butter
- Heat frying pan on medium high heat.
- Melt vegan butter
- Place tortilla in pan and allow it to soften a bit.
- Place remaining ingredients on one side of the tortilla and fold in half
- Cook until the bottom is slightly browned.
- Flip over and cook the other side until slightly browned allowing it to get crispy on each side
- Serve with additional spiced bananas (dusted with same spices inside quesadilla) and sliced apple
Some of the ingredients for Onyx’s Vegan Banana Quesadilla
Onyx’s Vegan Banana Quesadilla with Spiced Bananas and Sliced Apple
Onyx with her Vegan Banana Quesadilla