Homemade Seitan (meatless) Ribs (not stolen from anybody) but rather made from scratch, today on #LunchBreakLIVE with Paris Amorae and Dave McKeown from LovelandFarmSanctuary.org (a sanctuary in the making). Launching Sept 15, support Loveland’s crowdfunding campaign by committing to donate here: http://bit.ly/2jovGCn Purchase these beautiful signs from Sign Up for Love here: http://etsy.me/2jkUBq6 #JaneUnChained
Spicy BBQ Seitan – Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten (you can find the Bob’s Red Mill brand at most Whole Foods or full stock grocery stores in the baking section)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsptahini or other nut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- about 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Tin foil
- Baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lightly grease 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients EXCEPT for the BBQ sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; kneed with hands for one minute until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Transfer dough into the greased baking dish and flatten.
- Cut slices into dough (eight slices top to bottom, one across).
- Place in center rack in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, smother in BBQ sauce. Flip over. Smother other side in sauce.
- Cover; Place back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Ingredients for BBQ Seitan
BBQ Seitan with Steamed Kale and Brown Rice
These beautiful handmade vegan signs are a fundraising project for Loveland Farm Sanctuary. These handmade decorative signs are designed with expressions of kindness and vegan-centric messages of love for all living beings. 100% of the proceeds go to directly toward funding Loveland Farm Sanctuary. Purchase these beautiful handmade vegan signs from Sign Up for Love here: http://etsy.me/2jkUBq6
Crowdfunding Campaign – Launching September 15th
The vision for Loveland Farm Sanctuary – a sanctuary in the making – is to become a safe haven in Orange County for rescued farm animals that have endured a life of cruelty and abuse. Once they achieve our fundraising goals, they’ll offer rescue and rehabilitation to their future residents, as well as educational opportunities on compassionate living to the public. Sign Up for Love is a fundraising project of Loveland Farm Sanctuary, offering handmade decorative signs with expressions of kindness and vegan-centric messages of love for all living beings, with 100% of the proceeds going towards this sanctuary.
Loveland Farm Sanctuary‘s crowdfunding campaign begins on September 15, 2017 with the goal of sharing their mission with those who want to see Loveland Farm Sanctuary come to fruition. Donations of any amount will be sincerely appreciated. Please click here to donate: http://bit.ly/2jovGCn