PART 1 of 2: At Earthlings Sanctuary with the “little hen we rescued last Saturday” with Amy Jean Davis and Nickie Mingarelli, also of Los Angeles Animal Save. They are giving us a tour of their microsanctuary and will show us one of their favorite ‘go to’ recipes. Find Nickie on Instagram at: @nickiemphotography and Amy at: @halfnakedvegan #LunchBreakLIVE #JaneUnChained
PART 2 of 2: At Earthlings Sanctuary with Amy Jean Davis and Nickie Mingarelli, also of Los Angeles Animal Save. They are giving us a tour of their microsanctuary and will show us one of their favorite ‘go to’ recipes. Find Nickie on Instagram at: @nickiemphotography and Amy at: @halfnakedvegan #LunchBreakLIVE #JaneUnchained
Amy Jean Davis and Nickie Mingarelli of Earthlings Sanctuary & LA Animal Save with Hen Rescued from Slaughterhouse on Sat June 17
RECIPE: Earthlings Picnic in a Bowl
- 10 regular russet potatoes
- 16 oz vegan mayo, (Just Mayo)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 c whole pitted black olives, halved
- 10 large dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel and boil 10 potatoes for 30 – 40 minutes. (You want to be able to stick a fork in them with out them falling apart)
- Allow potatoes to cool to room temperature or cooler.
- Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Mince red onion and set aside.
- Dice green onions and set aside.
- Cut black olives in half and set aside.
- Drain and dry pickles as much as possible (Excess pickle juice may cause potato salad to become runny)
- Dice pickles and set aside.
- Finely mince or use a garlic press for garlic and set aside.
- Put mayo in a large bowl, add both types of onion, pickles, garlic, olives, seasonings and gently, but thoroughly mix.
- Slowly add in to diced potatoes while mixing.
- Chill and enjoy!
- Oh and for an extra kick, top it with a sprinkle of cayenne instead of paprika!
Spicy Gardein Fingers
- 1 pkg Gardein Crispy Tenders (faux chick’n)
- Mix up some of your favorite seasonings and add to create a new flavor to your Gardein tenders. Today we used cayenne pepper and garlic salt.
- Give your tenders a light sprinkling of the seasonings and either bake or fry to taste.
- I like to make a “picnic basket bowl” by layering some greens in the bottom of a bowl.
- Then add a scoop of potato salad on top of the greens
- Finally add the tenders on top
Earthlings Potato Salad
Some of the Ingredients for the Earthlings Potato Salad
Amy Jean Davis with “Earthlings Picnic in a Bowl” and Nickie Mingarelli with “Potato Salad”
Resident Red Rooster, Li, of Earthlings Sanctuary
Echo, One of Seven Bunnies at Earthlings Sanctuary
Resident Iguana, Kaiju, at Earthlings Sanctuary