Brittany Hultstrom aka Singing Vegan shows us how to make a Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Pie! Join the #LunchBreakLIVE party! To buy a pie in Southern California: TheSingingVegan.com
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Friday, May 26, 2017
RECIPE: Decadent Chocolate Silk Pie
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups Annie’s Chocolate Bunny Grahams (or other vegan graham crackers)
- 1/4 c water
- 8 oz plain vegan cream cheese
- 14 oz block soft/silken tofu (drained)
- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter (optional)
- 3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup (optional)
- To make the crust, blend the 2 cups of graham crackers until it becomes a powder.
- Pour powdered graham crackers into a medium bowl mix with the water.
- Knead until crust forms a ball adding more water as needed.
- Press the crust into a 9 inch pie pan until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler stirring continuously over medium heat or place in microwave for 60 seconds.
- Place the drained tofu (pressing out any excess water) cream cheese and melted chocolate chips in blender and blend quickly (before chocolate hardens) for about 30 seconds until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the pie crust
- Bake pie for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Serve hot or let cool for one hour at room temperature
- Once cooled, place in fridge for 1-2 hours or until the pie is completely chilled.
- Top with chocolate chips, vegan marshmallows, peanut butter cups, pretzels, bananas, or any vegan candy you like.
Optional: Mix one part maple syrup with one part peanut butter or almond butter to create a simple caramel drizzle for the top of the pie.
Brittany’s Delicously Decadent Chocolate Pie
Unique Ingredients for Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Pie