Loaded Vegan Nachos
Craft these plant-powered nachos in under fifteen minutes with easy kitchen ingredients for a fun, delicious and filling meal! Packed with beans, corn, pico de gallo, guacamole, vegan queso and more, these loaded nachos are perfect for a dinner at home, a party appetizer, or game time!
- 2 bags of tortilla chips
- 1 15oz can of black beans drained, rinsed & dried
- 1 15oz can of pinto beans drained, rinsed & dried
- 1 15oz can of sweet corn drained, rinsed & dried
- 1 8oz bag of shredded vegan cheese
- 1 cup of pico de gallo
- 2 green onions/scallions diced
- 6-8 sprigs of cilantro just leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 3 oz violife cheddar cheese spread + 3-4 tbsp oat milk for queso drizzle optional
- sauteed onions & peppers optional
- sliced jalapeno for garnish optional
Preheat the oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Arrange a layer of tortilla chips for the bottom layer, leaving no holes or gaps.
Sprinkle half of the beans, half the corn and half the shredded vegan cheese over the first layer of chips.
Add the second layer of chips on top. Sprinkle the remaining beans, corn, and shredded vegan cheese. Bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden brown chips and some of the cheese has melted down.
While the chips are in the oven, mix the cheddar cheese spread with oat milk and mix/whisk until the texture transforms to a viscous liquid. If necessary, microwave for 10 seconds.
When the chips are done baking, sprinkle the pico de gallo, sliced scallions, and chopped cilantro over the top. Drizzle with the queso sauce. Add a heap of guacamole.
*if using sauteed veggies, add to the nachos with the beans and corn before baking
*guacamole can be store bought or homemade. Check out my recipe here
* queso drizzle is optional. Can also use a store bought vegan queso or a homemade cashew