– Drain and Rinse the Jackfruit from the can. Then using your fingers, shred the jackfruit. If it does not all shred, as the jackfruit cooks you can also break it up more.
– Add the BBQ sauce to the jackfruit in a bowl and mix together well, if you want to let it marinate for a couple hours or overnight for more flavor, be my guest, but you can do without this step too.
– Add the BBQ Jackfruit and water to a pan and cook on medium heat With a lid to lock in the moisture.
– Stir and let every piece touch the heat.
– Place a lid on the pan and let the sauce cook and marinate in with the Jackfruit for about 15-20 minutes. Stirring the jackfruit every 5 minutes.
-while the jack fruit cooks down, Make the coleslaw.
– Chop and shred the cabbage and carrots and set them aside.
– To make the dressing, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until completely mixed.
– Pour dressing over the slaw or you can just throw the cabbage into the dressing bowl and mix well to coat every piece of cabbage.
– You can serve this dish right away, OR you can let it sit for at least 4-6 hours to really let the flavor soak in. Overnight is even better!
– Your jackfruit should be nice and flavorful and ready to serve.
You can add a little more BBQ sauce if you’d like it a little more saucy.
-Assemble your tacos, sliders, or bowl, then enjoy!