Needing some plant-based Ricotta for your Italian recipe? This recipe is perfect!
- 1 package 14-16 ounces firm tofu
- 1/4 cup 60 ml nondairy milk, or as needed (depends on tofu water content which varies between brands)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon about 1-2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
Blend tofu, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add nondairy milk just as needed to get a smooth consistency.
Stir or pulse in the chopped basil.