Colorful Corn Salsa
Source: The Survivor’s Handbook: Eating Right for Cancer Survival by Neal Barnard, MD, and Jennifer Reilly, RD
This nutrient-packed salsa is rich in fiber, lycopene, and other antioxidants. Pair it with baked chips or vegetables.
About the Recipe
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup medium red onion chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp white vinegar rice or apple cider
If using fresh corn: Blanch the corn in boiling water for 3 minutes and rinse immediately with cold water so it does not continue to cook.
If using frozen corn that has not completely thawed: Blanch it in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain it (immediately rinsing it in cold water), or thaw it in the microwave.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the flavors to mix. Serve at room temperature