HOLIDAY EGGLESS NOG
Hannah yams are unparalleled for their subtle vanilla flavor and creaminess. Do your best to try to find them. Then roast a whole bunch, peel, and cool and freeze them for future recipes. They provide richness and creaminess without using nuts.
- 2 cups Hannah yams a.k.a. “Jersey yams” or “White sweet potatoes”, roasted, peeled, and chilled
- 2 large frozen ripe bananas peeled and frozen
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg or more, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
Japanese sweet potatoes are a good substitute for Hannah yams.