'Plant-based Ají de Gallina'
A tasty Peruvian recipe that uses a delicious creamy vegan mushroom sauce.
- 1 chopped Onion
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ají mixture: Ají Limo 3 tbsps , Ají Mirasol (1 tsp), Ají Panca (1/8 tsp)
- 100 gr of Soaked bread soaked on water or plant milk
- 250 ml of Vegetable broth
- 250 ml of Plant milk I used soy milk
- 100 gr of Button/Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Boiled potatoes
- 250 gr of Rice
In a hot pan with some olive oil, toss in your onions and garlic cloves along your spices and the 3 ají mixtures. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Then, add your soaked bread and let cook for 2-3 minutes. After that, add your vegetable broth and let simmer for 5 minutes.