Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado and Sliced Tomatoes
Elevate every day toast with the addition of deliciously satisfying sweet potato. We used baked Japanese Sweet Potatoes here. Feel free to add plenty of pepper and more lemon juice for an additional savory boost! Finish this meal with your fruit of choice.
(Makes 1 Serving)
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato peel removed (see note below)
- 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 pinches pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp sliced avocado
- 2-3 slices Roma tomatoes
- top with freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garnish with sliced red sweet bell pepper and thinly sliced red onion
Toast the bread
In a small bowl, mash the peeled sweet potato, with the lemon juice (adjusting to taste)
Add pepper and salt (if using)
Distribute the mashed sweet potato open face on toast and top with sliced avocado or tomato
Note: It's useful to bake sweet potatoes in advance. Place whole sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake at 450 F for 40 to 60 minutes, or until very soft. (Cooking time will depend on the size of the sweet potato.) Store in the fridge until ready to use (up to 6 days) or in the freezer for a couple of months.