THE HOLIDAYS MUST INCLUDE VEGAN PECAN PIE!
Ready for the most remarkable perfect vegan pecan pie? Today on #LunchBreakLIVE, Mary Beth Olson, Founder of MBO Media, creates this magnificent pie from Tracye McQuirter’s Ageless Vegan Cookbook, as part of Tracye McQuirter’s 10 Million Black Vegan Women program! Today’s LunchBreakLIVE also kicks off the newly launched campaign “Meatless Every Day” established by Renee King-Sonnen of Rowdy Girl Sanctuary!
So let’s get started by watching how Mary Beth makes this delicious pie!
PROMOTING A LIFESTYLE SHE BELIEVES IN
Mary Beth Olson is the founder of MBO Media and a seasoned publicist of more than 20 years, including representing top brands and celebrities in New York City for nine years. Since starting her own PR agency based in the Washington, DC area, Mary Beth has followed her passion to promote plant-based brands that are helping to make the world a better place.
MAKING A VEGAN PECAN PIE IS EASY!
The Holidays are not the holidays without a pecan pie, in my humble opinion. So it is perfect timing to debut this easy and super delicious pie recipe….with Thanksgiving just around the corner. Make your holidays compassionate, and keep animal-based foods off the table! Impress your non-vegan friends and family and show them how simple it is to have a 100% cruelty-free holiday that tastes super delicious and satisfying. Start with this pecan pie recipe!
Perfect Pecan Pie, by Tracye McQuirter from “Ageless Vegan”
- 1 3/4 cups whole pecans
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat or oat flour
- 1 9-inch whole-grain pie crust
- Heat the oven to 350°F. In a food processor, add 1 cup of the whole pecans and process until a coarse meal is formed. Place the meal in a medium bowl and add the chopped pecans.
- Stir until just combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, flaxseed meal, almond milk, coconut oil and sea salt. Add the pecan mixture to the wet mixture and stir until mixed well. Stir in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time (the batter should be thick although still loose enough to pour).
- Pour the batter into the pie crust. Arrange the remaining whole pecans on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Let the pie cool completely so the filling sets firmly. Serve immediately.
GET YOUR PIE ON!
It’s time to bring on the feasts! Get ready with this simple yet perfect vegan pecan pie recipe that will fit beautifully on your cruelty-free holiday dinner table! It will definitely be a hit so give it a try. Let us know how you liked it, take a photo of your finished dish, and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Interested in trying other easy plant-based recipes? Be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!