CREAMY KALE SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS AND GNOCCHI
A MASTER VEGAN CHEF WITH CREATIVITY IN EVERY MEAL
Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
CREAMY KALE SOUP, SWIMMING WITH MUSHROOMS AND GNOCCHI
Winter is around the corner and fall is in the air, bringing with it cooler temperatures. So soups are the thing people are craving! Most chefs use gnocchi as a pasta alternative with marinara sauce but Tonia, with all her creative cooking desires, decided to try this hearty, flavorful, creamy recipe using gnocchi in a soup. Turns out she loves it and wanted to share it with the masses here on #LunchBreakLIVE. It is really easy to make, especially when you save some time by using a bag of frozen veggies and pre-sliced mushrooms. Give the recipe a try, it is sure to warm your soul!
Creamy Kale and Gnocchi Soup
- 2-4 cloves of minced garlic
- I bag of frozen mirepoix veggies
- 12-16 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- Finely chopped herbs such as rosemary and thyme
- 2 tsp. vegan chicken-less seasoning
- ¼ - ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C fresh chopped kale
- 1 C unsweetened plant based milk
- 1/3 C flour
- 1/3 C nutritional yeast
- 4 C vegetable broth
- 1 16 oz package of gnocchi
- 1 C water
- In a fry pan heat chopped cloves of minced garlic. Add the bag of mirepoix veggies with 1/4C water. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, chicken-less seasoning and nutritional yeast. In a bowl mix the flour into some of the plant milk until creamy (to avoid any lumps). In a soup pan add vegetable broth and the rest of the plant milk. Heat on high. In frying pan continue to cook the mushrooms until done. Add the contents of the frying pan to the soup pan and bring it all to a boil. Once it’s boiling add gnocchi and kale and cook for 2-3 minutes, uncovered. Ready to serve after cooking for just a few minutes!
BRRRRR, BRING ON THE SOUP!
I woke up to a chill in the air this morning, a good bowl of warm soup would be perfect for lunch to warm me up. I am definitely putting this recipe in the books to try. If you decide to cook this bowl of yumminess up, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Interested in more easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!