FALL RECIPE FOR BRUSCHETTA, GET YOUR PEARS READY!
Enjoy a scrumptious recipe for bruschetta that is perfectly tailored for the Fall months. It is made with pear and pomegranate, created by guest Chef, Nicole Derseweh, a world-class vegan chef with culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu. She shows us how to make this simple, eye-catching recipe in minutes. Perfect for the holidays and Fall family gatherings.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY, ONE VEGAN MEAL AT A TIME
Nicole Derseweh is a best-selling cookbook author, a world-class vegan chef with culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu, and is a private chef to Hollywood’s most famous health-conscious stars.
Described by some as the vegan love child of Rachel Ray and Tina Fey, Nicole’s trained at Upright Citizens Brigade (completing their acclaimed master’s program), and she’s been the national spokesperson for multiple national campaigns for brand’s including Prego, Turbo Tax and True Car.
Nicole’s also the founder of an LA-based charity, the Martha Project, which has to date catered over 2,500 plant-based meals for the LA’s houseless community! They have just launched their Fall fundraising efforts, so please visit their website and donate if possible.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE FOR BRUSCHETTA
This Fall pear bruschetta is so beautiful, it would be perfect to serve for a holiday gathering or dinner party. It’s so simple to make but looks like it took lots of time to prepare, so it’s perfect for impressing your guests. The flavor combinations are scrumptious, with the vegan cheese, pears, and pomegranate bursting with every bite and the colors are perfect for the fall months.
Fall Pear bruschetta
- 4 tablespoons Mishas vegan cheese seven point 5 flavor
- 4 slices of country bread chef prefers tartine
- 2 Fall Barlett pears one red, one green
- 2 sprigs Fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic reduction
- 1.)Preheat oven to broil
- 2.) slice pears into thin slices, cover to prevent browning
- 3.) deseed pomegranate and set aside
- 4.) spread generous portion of Mishas cheese across slices of bread. If you can’t find Mishas you may substitute with any spreadable vegan cream cheese .
- 5.)stack pears on top of the cheese alternating colors to create an ornate effect.
- 6.)place bruschetta in broiler for one to two minutes to toast the bread and start to caramelize the pears.
- 7.) in a medium sauce pan melt coconut oil and bring to medium heat, drop in the sage leaves to pan fry them, once color starts to become darker and the sage is very fragrant remove from Pan and set aside as a garnish
- 8.)remove bruschetta from broiler
- To plate top with pomegranate seeds, balsamic drizzle and crushed sage leaves . Enjoy!
A BEAUTIFUL FALL APPETIZER
What a special episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with Nicole showing us how to make this perfect Fall recipe for bruschetta. It’s so beautiful when plated, I can’t wait to try and make it, and I hope you do too! If you do, be sure to take a photo of your plated dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. If you are interested in cooking up some other easy vegan recipes hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!