It’s National Hispanic Heritage Month. Let’s Make Fajita Tacos!
LATIN-INSPIRED FAJITA TACOS! This easy recipe will rock your taste buds! Let’s celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with these tasty Latin-inspired tacos that are simple to make and bursting with spicy flavors. These are just like authentic street tacos, only healthier, so let’s see how to make these little gems with our guest chef, Jeny Olvera.
PROUD LATINA WOMAN, CHEF, ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST
Jeny is a multi-talented vegan creator living in Austin, Tx. She is a vegan chef, yoni steam practitioner, author, animal rights activist, and co-founder of The Wavy Movement. At 20 years old, she sparked an interest in veganism to better her health and it turned out to inspire her to be a voice for the voiceless animals. Her culinary flavors originate from her Mexican heritage, which aims to bring spicy, earthy, and pungent flavors to the forefront. Jeny published “The Wavy Transformation E-Book” in 2020 that has 29 whole food recipes and much more! Her passion is to inspire the community and to help others transition to a vegan lifestyle through education, food tutorials, natural remedies, whole food recipes, and activism. Follow her on Instagram for more.
LATIN INSPIRE FAJITA TACOS FOR TACO TUESDAYS OR ANY DAY!
This easy recipe will make your mouth explode in delight. It’s an authentic take on Latin-inspired “street” tacos. All made from whole foods, using cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. You cannot go wrong with these, they are LOVED by almost everyone around the world, and what a perfect way to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with authentic flavors that are pungent and spicy. As a proud Latina woman, Jeny is honored to share more of her amazing Mexican favorites made from 100% plants! So go ahead and give this recipe a try, you are sure to love it.
FAJITA LATIN INSPIRED TACOS!
- 1 C chopped Cauliflower
- 1 C chopped Shiitake mushrooms/ or any type
- 1/2 C chopped Bell peppers
- 1/2 C chopped Purple onion
- 1/4 C chopped Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeños
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomatillos
- 1 C chopped Tomatoes optional
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Dash of Oregano
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Coconut aminos
- 1- wash all the veggies that need to be washed.
- 2- start chopping the cauliflower into bite size pieces, next you will slice all of the bell peppers and onions to your preference.
- 3-slice the mushrooms.
- 4- finely chop cilantro and onions.
- 5- in a pan or a grill start sautéing the cauliflower and mushrooms. Once they are midway cooking go ahead and add the sliced bell peppers , and fresh onions. This will prevent from your veggies to get mushy since the cauliflower and mushrooms take longer to sauté.
- 6- while everything is sautéing go ahead and add coconut aminos, oregano and Cayenne. Don’t add salt! The coconut ánimos should be enough.
- 7- when all the veggies are fully done, turn off the stove, set aside and move on to the salsa
- Sauce instructions:
- 1-Roast the jalapeños and tomatillos together.
- 2- when they are fully roasted add them to the blender and add a splash of water. Than add salt to taste and blend it all together.
- 3- once your sauce is ready pour it in a container and add fresh chopped cilantro and onion to give it a chunky consistency.
- 4- mix it all together and it’s ready to enjoy.
- 5- once all of your components are ready. Warm up your tortillas and add the sautéed veggies, more cilantro and onions.
- 6- topped it off with the hot salsa and avocado.
A SPECIAL NATIONAL HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH LUNCH
I hope you enjoyed this Latin-themed episode with fresh fajita tacos and a lot of spice! Give this recipe a try and let us know how much you enjoyed it. Take a photo of your tacos and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are in search of other easy vegan recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from…Until next time…keep cookin’!