COOKIE DOUGH VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD! YES PLEASE!
We have a delicious cookie dough vegan pumpkin bread Recipe on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE with guest Chef and author of “Desserts to Live For” & “Love Your Body” Talia Fuhrman, the eldest daughter of author and global public speaker Joel Fuhrman, M.D. This cookie dough pumpkin bread is practically guilt-free, totally tasty, and simple to make. Let’s take a closer look at how it is done…
THE MASTER OF HEALTHY TREATS
Nutritarian chef Talia Fuhrman just released her first cookbook, Desserts To Live For, a collection of “heavenly desserts with zero guilt, zero sacrifices and zero risks of bodily harm . . . with only good-for-you ingredients.”
The eldest daughter of Dr. Fuhrman and his wife Lisa, Talia learned from an early age about the connection between the foods we eat and the state of our health. Inspired by this message, she went on to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Science at Cornell University.
Talia’s career has focused on connecting the core concepts of nutritional excellence in a way that is fresh and entertaining, filled with practical tips and the occasional touches of whimsy. In 2014, she released her first book, Love Your Body, a guide for young adults who want to embark on a healthy lifestyle. Now, with Desserts To Live For, she’s widening her audience and exploring the wonders of healthful treats. “Using this book as your tool,” she writes, “You can ‘eat your cake’ and stay healthy, too.”
Talia’s writing and recipes have been featured in publications and websites including Women’s Health Magazine, Psychology Today, Rodale Press and Vegetarian Times, MindBodyGreen.com, and Thought Catalog.
Order Talia’s book now and receive a 10% off discount on the book with this code: unchained10
VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD WITH A TWIST
This is such a unique recipe for vegan pumpkin bread because it has that added flair of cookie dough flavor. The ingredients are totally healthy and even full of nutrients! The bread, when baked correctly, has a satisfying texture and is bursting with flavor in every bite. Go ahead and bake this masterpiece to perfection, you will love the result!
Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bread
- 2 flax “eggs” 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds + 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 15 medjool dates pitted
- 1 15 oz. can white beans or garbanzo beans
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin or sweet potato baked or from a can
- 1 ripe large banana
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups cup oat or spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with tin foil or parchment paper. In a cup or small bowl, mix ground flaxseeds with water to create flax “eggs." Let sit for a minute.
- Add the flax “eggs” to a food processor along with all other ingredients except for the oat flour (or spelt), oats and raisins.
- Process for a few minutes until a smooth mixture is formed. The mixture should have a pudding-like consistency and be somewhat thick.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl and mix in the oat flour (or spelt), whole oats, and dark chocolate chips or raisins, mixing all ingredients in evenly.
- Separate the dough into two equal parts and scoop each one into a parchment-lined loaf pan and top with additional dark chocolate chips or raisins, if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until you can stick a fork or toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread set for at least 20 minutes before transferring to a plate to cool. Let cool completely before slicing, preferably for several hours, otherwise it will be sticky/crumbly when slicing.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY FOR LUNCH
I always enjoy dessert for lunch, especially a guilt-free dessert that tastes like its full of all kinds of guilt! This cookie dough vegan pumpkin bread is the bomb, so I hope you give it a try. If you do, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are interested in more easy vegan recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!