OOEY, GOOEY VEGAN BROWNIE BITES
These vegan brownie bites are little balls of energy and totally bake-free!! Learn the secret to making these delicious balls of goodness today on #LunchBreakLIVE with Mika Altidor co-owner of Victor & Mika’s Bakery, the first and only vegan bakery and café in Polk County, Florida.
BRINGING VEGANISM TO POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA
Victor Muñoz and Mika Altidor are owners of Victor & Mika’s Bakery, the first and only vegan bakery and café in Polk County, Florida. They not only opened the first vegan eatery there but also created the first vegan Facebook group in Polk County, Florida to unite all vegans and plant-based enthusiasts living in at area. They opened their vegan bakery in 2017 because Mika became vegan to save her life while suffering from painful fibroid tumors, then realized that there were no vegan restaurants or bakeries that catered to vegans. Now, four years later the award-winning bakery has been featured in VegNews, VegWorld Magazine, Haven Magazine, named top 25 black-owned businesses to watch, and ranked top 3 best vegan donuts in the country 2021! WOW! Check out their cookbook and consider ordering it if you want to make some delicious treats at home. Buy some baking swag here!
HEALTHY BROWNIE BITES…SAY WAHAAAAT?
Having a simple no-bake dessert/snack recipe on hand is a must, and this recipe for vegan energy brownie bites is perfect. It only has 6 ingredients and these little bundles of heaven are super delicious. They are packed with energy to keep you going through the day, perfect as a pick-me-up snack. Pop them in your mouth and you’ll soon feel a pep in your step, ready to take on the day.
No-Bake Brownie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans*
- 3/4 cup sweetener
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoon chia seeds*
- 1 cup almond butter*
- Add raw pecans to high power blender and mix for 10-20 seconds. Then empty into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix until well combined with a large spoon. When ball begins to form and pulls away from mixing bowl, stop! That’s what you want!
- Make small round balls by taking some of your edible “dough” and rolling it between the palm of your hands. It will feel sticky, yet smooth. Then, place on a dish.
- They are ready to eat as is or refrigerate for 20 minutes in fridge until its firm. This step makes these treats ultra decadent! Or, you may place these brownie bites on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and bake for about 8 minutes on 350F preheated oven.
- Store leftovers in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or 2 months in freezer.
LOVE ME SOME BROWNIE BITES!
I look forward to making these heavenly morsels and I hope you give them a try too. If you do, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. If you are seeking more easy vegan recipes or desserts to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!