READY FOR SOME THAI PEANUT NOODLES? WHO ISN’T???
The best Thai peanut noodles with veggies and peanut sauce revealed on #LunchBreakLIVE! Made SUPER EASY with Your Vegan Friend, Tonia L Carrier Hicks, a hairstylist and indie filmmaker, who loves advocating for the animals and our planet. Additionally, Tonia is a powerful contributor to the JaneUnchained team! Let’s see how this delicious dish is made in minutes…
VEGAN LOVE, STRAIGHT FROM THE KITCHEN
Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
THAI PEANUT NOODLES ARE A FAVORITE!
Hold on to your tastebuds! This is SUCH an easy and delicious peanut sauce! For this dish’s protein, Tonia simply picked up a frozen bag of faux chick’n patties and threw them in her air fryer! The rice noodles were so easy too but feel free to try this sauce on actual rice. It’s so good that way. This sauce goes great with the frozen peas and carrots but you could try your favorite vegetable too! Another great thing about this dish is that you probably have everything you need at home already to make this sauce. So give it a try!
Peanut Sauce with Rice Noodles, Faux Chick’n and Veggies!
- 1 Package of your favorite faux chick’n
- 1 steamable bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Package of rice noodles
- For Peanut Sauce:
- 3/4 C creamy peanut butter best if you warm it for better mixing
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C tamari or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- *add boiling water as needed
- Prepare faux chick’n and cut into strips or bite sized pieces. (also delicious with fried tofu).
- Steam or prepare peas and carrots.
- Add rice noodles to boil and cook. (use package directions). Drain and add a bit of oil to keep rice noodles from sticking.
- In bowl add all peanut sauce ingredients and wisk. Add boiling water until the consistency is good for pouring over noodles.
- Plate noodles, veggies and cut chick’n and add peanut sauce. Sauce can remain fresh for about a week in the fridge.
PEANUT SAUCE ON EVERYTHING!
You can use this peanut sauce recipe on pretty much anything…because peanut butter goes with everything (my humble opinion). So give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Pour it over whatever floats your boat. Take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!