DELICIOUS CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
Looking for a simple recipe to replace your Tuna Salad for a healthier, more flavorful vegan version? We’ve got you covered on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with a simple Chickpea Salad Sandwich that is so simple to make, it is sure to become one of your go-to meals. Our guest Chef Dreena Burton, shows us how to make this recipe in just a few easy steps. Let’s take a look…
THE OG VEGAN COOKBOOK AUTHOR
Dreena Burton is the OG vegan cookbook author, publishing her first title in 2001. She began her plant-kind life over 25 years ago and has raised three daughters from birth on a plant-based diet. When you open one of Dreena’s books, you will find recipes that you can trust – recipes that are well-tested, very wholesome, and delicious. Dreena’s recipes have been featured with groups including PCRM, Forks Over Knives, Blue Zones, The Food Network, and The Food Revolution Network. Order her newest book “Dreena’s Kind Kitchen” and prepare to be amazed by her yummy recipes.
FINDING COMFORT IN THIS CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
This mixture is reminiscent of a tuna salad, but much healthier, and also tastier! It also benefits our oceans by leaving the tuna out of your recipes and reaching for the chickpeas instead. This is a super filling meal, perfect for a summer picnic or BBQ. You can also choose to have it just as a side dish, rather than making it a sandwich. Whichever way you choose you will find joy in every bite.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 3-4 teaspoons tahini see note
- 2 teaspoons plain nondairy milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1.5 teaspoons red wine vinegar to taste
- 1 teaspoon organic tamari or coconut aminos for soy-free
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp granules optional, see note
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 pinches sea salt to taste
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 2-4 tablespoons diced organic green or red bell pepper or organic celery or some of both; optional, see note
- In a bowl, whisk together the tahini, milk, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, tamari, mustard, kelp granules, maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Mash the chickpeas slightly with a fork or bottom of a measuring cup.
- Add to the tahini mixture along with the apple, and bell pepper/celery if using.
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR LUNCH!
I love a yummy, simple, healthy lunch recipe, and this Chickpea Salad Sandwich hits all those points. I hope you give it a try, take a photo of your end result, and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Be sure to let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try be sure to visit the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!