THIS RECIPE FOR CRAB CAKES IS INCREDIBLE (VEGAN)!
A few easy steps are all it takes for this recipe for Crab Cakes with Lemon Garlic Aioli! Today’s #LunchBreakLIVE guest chef is Bianca Vegana Molina. Bianca swims in the sea as a professional mermaid with a goal to help heal the ocean. These delicious crab cakes are 100% vegan and ocean-friendly! Let’s see how to make these yummy vegan Crab Cakes!
A REAL LIFE MERMAID
Bianca became vegan in 2014, after watching Cowspiracy on Netflix. She was already on her journey and was a vegetarian at the time but it was the film’s powerful facts that opened up her eyes and fueled her with the passion she has now.
At the time, Bianca was previously working as an environmental health inspector and educator for the health department. She saw first hand the political influence that government holds in our public health system. Bianca holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Public Health and Health Promotion with numerous certifications that included, food hygiene, environmental health, lead poisoning, and BPI Building Envelope for energy conservation certification. She is also certified in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell’s Center for Nutrition Studies and is a certified Food for Life Instructor for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Bianca began her professional mermaid career 10 months ago when she followed her heart back to where it always was; in the ocean. It began as a personal healing journey for Bianca as well as a positive way to advocate for sea life. She became a certified PADI Freediver and uses her mermaid journey to inspire ocean lovers, mermaids, and everyone she meets to open up their hearts to fish and other sea life. She is in the process of writing a children’s book based on a vegan mermaid and writing a cookbook for Island Girl Mermaid. Her mission at Island Girl Mermaid is to educate people in a fun and exciting way to care more about our sea life friends who are often forgotten and advocate for true ocean conservation.
VEGANIZED RECIPE FOR CRAB CAKES. MERMAIDS LOVE THEM!
Bianca calls this recipe for Crab Cakes her Mermaid Crab Cakes, cause Mermaids love them! And so do humans! This is another super simple plant-based recipe to cook up, with only a few simple steps. Chickpeas and Hearts of Palm are the bulk of this recipe, with all the right spices and additions to make these Crab Cakes have the flavor and texture you’d expect in your cakes. They are so delicious you and your guests will certainly be having seconds!
Recipe For Vegan Crab Cakes
- 1 For The Crab Cakes:
- 1 Can of Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 Cans of Hearts of Palm drained
- 1 1/2 cups of Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion diced and sautéed
- 4 garlic cloves chopped and sautéed
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tsp adobo
- 1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- For Lemon Garlic Aioli:
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- pepper to taste
- For Crab Cakes:
- Sautéed chopped onion in a pan with light oil for about 1 minute
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for another minute. Set aside when done.
- Rinse and drained canned chickpeas and hearts of palm. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the breadcrumbs to the mix. Set the remaining 1/2 aside.
- Add remaining ingredients into mixing bowl including the sautéed onion and garlic. Mix together.
- Transfer ingredients to good processor and pulse until well blended while keep some of the texture intact.
- Mold into crab cake patties
- Coat patties in remaining breadcrumbs
- Place in freezer for about 40 minutes to firm up and prevent breaking apart
- Heat oil in a pan and pan fry each patty for about 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned
- Serve with aioli and enjoy!
- For Lemon Garlic Aioli:
- Chop the garlic
- Mix all remaining ingredients with Mayo and add on top of crab cakes and enjoy!
THANKS FOR JOINING US!
Thanks so much for joining in on this Mermaid Vegan recipe for Crab Cakes! They were amazing, and I hope you give them a try too! Let us know how you like them! If you are looking for other easy plant-based recipes be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!