MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU
A TRUE JEDI IN THE KITCHEN
Abigail Steinberg is a sales executive, senior manager, consultant in the natural food industry, and co-founder of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods. Steinberg was instrumental in launching Zevia, a zero-calorie stevia-sweetened soda, scaling it up for venture capital sales and successful acquisition. Steinberg held senior executive-level positions at Nutranext, Clorox (At Clorox Abigail was awarded “Hunter of The Year 2018 for top sales and territory growth). Steinberg left Clorox to join the Brandable Team in 2019 where she helped scale up VeggieCraft Farms Cauliflower Pasta for acquisition to Litehouse in September 2020.
Abigail is the author of Recipe for Success: An Insider’s Guide to Bringing Your Natural Food to Market, a natural foods bestseller and published by HarperCollins in November 2015. As a guide for natural food entrepreneurs, the book reveals common and costly mistakes in startup businesses. Currently, the book is available in ten countries and distributed by top retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target!
In November 2020 Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods launched The OG on Amazon. Now, their secret ten-year recipe is finally available for everyone to enjoy!
CELEBRATING “MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU” DAY WITH VEGAN FOOD!
This is the perfect meal for celebrating Star Wars on May The 4th Be With You day. And have leftovers on Cinco De Mayo! Perfect! As you may know, vegan tacos are a favorite of mine, and Trish’s Tacos look delicious. Then we have the Cinco De Mayo soup, filled with all sorts of goodness and flavors you are sure to love. It’s super healthy and filling too. And don’t forget all the topping options that were also shared with us. You should really have the OG products to replicate this recipe, so be sure to visit Amazon and give the OG a try.
Princess Cinco De Mayo Soup, OG Raw Pickled Salad, Misha's Guac, and Trish's Tacos
- Princess Cinco De Mayo Soup:
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup The OG
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 cup corn
- 16-18 Cherry tomatoes
- 4 carrots
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- Topping: The OG Raw Pickled Salad
- 1 cup of The OG
- Spiral or sliced any and all vegetables
- Raw Beets
- Topping: Misha’s Guac:
- 2 tbs of Olive oil
- 2 tbs of Lemon
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1-2 tbs Misha’s Kind Foods Jalapeno or Joi flavor is great
- Trish’s Tacos
- Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Grounds
- 1 jar of salsa your choice!
- Blue or Yellow corn shells
- Cinco De Mayo Soup:
- In a pressure cooker with ingredients in order set to 15 min pressure cook. Serve topped with The OG Raw Pickled Salad & Misha’s guac. (see toppings below)
- Raw Pickled Salad:
- Mix all together in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight for the most savory & rich experience. However, on the spot tastes good too. (leftovers are to die for!)
- Misha’s Guac:
- Mash avocados with fresh squeezed lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper & Misha’s Joi.
- Trish’s Tacos:
- Stuff your taco with Gardein as the base, add The OG Raw Pickled Salad and top it with Misha’s Guac
THANKS FOR JOINING AND MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU, ALWAYS!
I loved this episode because it is a full feast and totally delicious, and of course vegan! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo and this recipe would be perfect for tomorrow, Cinco De Mayo…so give it a try! If you want to try more great plant-based recipes we have a ton to choose from on the #LunchBreakLIVE page. Until next time…keep cookin’!