CONVENIENT NACHOS AND ‘VEGABLES’
We are not only getting vegan nachos on today’s show, but we are learning about the most sustainable on-the-go plant-based meals called ‘Vegables’. Founder, Tori Keeshin, joins us and creates tasty simple, non-spicy, soy-free, plant-based nachos. She also shares with us her ‘Vegables’ adventure and what they are all about. Let’s tune in…
VEGABLES: ON THE GO MEALS
Tori Keeshin is a vegan entrepreneur who is passionate about creating delicious, convenient, healthy, and sustainable food. Over many years working in the plant-based food industry, she noticed a significant void in on-the-go vegan meals, so she is excited to fill that void with Vegables, the perfect meal for you and your kids! Vegables is an on-the-go plant-based snack that will bring you back to childhood. It has all you love from your favorite childhood Lunchable, minus the animal products and unsustainable packaging. Be sure to stop by her Kickstarter Campaign and support if you can.
VEGAN NACHOS EVERYONE WILL LOVE
These vegan nachos are sure to be a favorite for adults and kids alike. These are simple, non-spicy, soy-free, plant-based nachos that are sure to bring back those childhood memories of feasting on a huge bowl of gooey, cheesy nachos…only this time they are much healthier and way more sustainable as a food. The vegan nacho cheese sauce used is homemade out of potatoes and carrots, but you would never know it. This is a must-try recipe for everyone.
- 3 small Idaho potatoes washed, scrubbed, skin left on cut into similar sized chunks (3 cups)
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into equal-sized pieces to the potatoes (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: 1 jalapeno deseeded and diced, 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- Nacho Cheese:
- Wash potatoes and wash/peel carrots
- Place in pot, boil and cover
- Place rest of ingredients in blender
- Drain potatoes and carrots
- Add to the blender and Mix!
- Drizzle the nacho cheese over tortilla chips
- Add chopped tomatoes, black beans and any herbs you like!
THANKS FOR JOINING US
Thanks for joining us on our Vegable adventure, learning how to make the most simple and delicious vegan nachos. If you are interested in other plant-based recipes to cook up, jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!