A Vegan Lasagna Recipe That Will Make Your Tastebuds Explode
The Bizerkeley Vegan
Erika Hazel aka The Bizerkeley Vegan is a California-based food critic and community organizer who is passionate about delicious vegan food, supporting vegan businesses in the Bay Area (and beyond!) and organizing phenomenal events that bring people together. The Bizerkeley Vegan has been featured in VegNews Magazine, VegOut Magazine, Bustle.com, and Berkeleyside’s NOSH news. You can find Erika eating her way through the Bay Area, practicing Muay Thai kickboxing, or traveling to food festivals around the country.
Let’s Throw That Vegan Lasagna In The Oven!
This Lasagna has homemade vegan Basil Ricotta Cream in it which is so incredibly easy to make and packed with flavor. It is made from soaked raw cashews and is delicious. Erika also used Beyond Meat vegan beef in her sauce to give some added flavor, texture, and protein! This Lasagna only involves 5 steps to make, so it can’t get much easier. Your friends and family will love this dish, so I hope you give it a try. The recipe is posted below.
One Person Vegan Lasagna Recipe
- Basil Ricotta Cream:
- Handful of basil
- 1.5 cup of soaked raw cashews
- One clove of garlic
- 1 TBS Truffle or Olive oil
- ¼ or 1/2 Cup of leftover pasta water
- 1 lb of Diced tomatoes or ½ a jar of spaghetti sauce
- ⅓ pound Beyond Beef or 2 Beyond burgers or preferred vegan meat
- Diced up kale mushrooms, zucchini, bell or sweet peppers
- Butter or favorite oil to saute veggies and meat in
- ½ pound of lasagna noodles boil according to directions
- Vegan cheese slices like Violife or Follow Your Heart
- Start by boiling about 6 lasagna noodles for your small glass pans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare your sauce
- a. Start by to saute your vegan meat, kale, zucchini, and peppers until soft
- b. Add in tomatoes or sauce to warm it up and combine with saute
- c. Add some leftover pasta water to thin the sauce up.
- In a blender:
- a. Add soften cashews, bunch of basil, pasta water, garlic clove, and oil
- b. Blend until smooth
- In the glass dish layer:
- a. Sauce
- b. Noodles
- c. Ricotta
- d. Vegan cheese
- e. Finish with vegan cheese slices on top.
- Bake on 375 degrees with foil on top for 20 minutes and finish uncovered for 15 minutes and then shut off the oven.
New Recipes, Every Day!
Thanks so much for joining us for this incredible vegan Lasagna recipe. We have different Chefs and plant-based recipes featured every day on #LunchBreakLIVE via Facebook LIVE, so be sure to tune in daily at 12:30 pm PT. If you are looking for delicious and easy vegan recipes to try be sure to check out our archives on the #LunchBreakLIVE page. We have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!