A Mahalo Smoothie Bowl Recipe All Will Love
Ready for a Flavor-bursting Mahalo Smoothie Bowl Recipe? Join Erika Hazel, aka The Bizerkeley Vegan, a food critic and community organizer who is passionate about delicious vegan food! Smoothie bowls are an awesome meal or snack with a ton of nutrients. They are perfect for the warmer months but can be eaten year-round. Let’s see how this Mahalo Smoothie Bowl is put together…
Mahalo, To Our Chef
Erika Hazel aka The Bizerkeley Vegan is a California-based food critic and community organizer who is passionate about delicious vegan food, supporting vegan businesses in the Bay Area (and beyond!), and organizing phenomenal events that bring people together. The Bizerkeley Vegan has been featured in VegNews Magazine, VegOut Magazine, Bustle.com, and Berkeleyside’s NOSH news. You can find Erika eating her way through the Bay Area, practicing Muay Thai kickboxing, or traveling to food festivals around the country.
Read blog posts written by Erika Hazel at The Vegan Hood Chefs
Mahalo Smoothie Bowl: A Rainbow Of Colors
Erika uses mango, pineapple, and oranges in her smoothie bowl recipe with added ginger and pineapple juice. For toppings, she used strawberries, mango, shredded coconut, blueberry preserves or jam (drizzled), granola, and agave drizzled over everything. Sounds pretty yum right? Smoothie bowls are so simple to make and full of an abundance of flavor as well as natural fruit nutrients. It’s a dish you just can’t go wrong with.
Mahalo Smoothie Bowl
- 1.5 cups mangos frozen
- 1 cup pineapple frozen
- 1/2 lemon Squeezed ½ a lemon juice
- 4-6 Orange slices peeled from the rind
- ¼ knuckle ginger Grated ginger *optional
- 1 cup pineapple juice or more to blend
- ½ water optional
- Strawberries Sliced
- Mango Sliced
- Shredded Coconut sprinkled on top
- Blueberry Preserves or Jam drizzled
- Granola sprinkled on top
- Agave drizzled over everything *optional
- In the blender:
- Add the orange to the bottom of the blender.
- Top with the frozen mangoes and pineapple in the blender.
- Finish with the pineapple juice and water
- Grate in ginger (optional)
- Blend and stir occasionally until thick and smooth on low for about 30-45 seconds.
- After the ingredients are blended nice and thick:
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle on top your granola completely over the bowl
- Sprinkle the coconut on ⅓ of the bowl
- Drizzle the blueberry preserves down the middle of the bowl
- Finish up sliced strawberries and mangoes on the remaining third!
- Enjoy immediately!
Thanks For Joining Us!
This was a fun episode, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I am a huge fan of Smoothie Bowls, so I am certainly looking forward to trying this recipe at home. You should do the same and let us know how you like it. If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton of recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!