This Vegan Bowl Is Sure To Be Your New Go-To Meal!
The “I’m Busy Bountiful Vegan Bowl” is an ultimate go-to vegan meal with crispy tofu, rice, and lots of veggies! Learn about the sauces and spices that bring out the flavor! A delicious dish on #LunchBreakLIVE with Stephanie Redcross West, Founder, and Managing Director of Vegan Mainstream advertising agency, supporting the vegan professional community and promoting mainstream awareness.
The I'm Busy Bountiful Bowl! It's one of the ultimate go-to vegan dishes: crispy tofu, rice and lots of veggies! Learn about the sauces and spices that bring out the flavor! Delicious Vegan Mainstream Dish on #LunchBreakLIVE with Stephanie Redcross West, Founder and Managing Director of Vegan Mainstream advertising agency, supporting the vegan professional community and promoting mainstream awareness.
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Thursday, February 4, 2021
Let’s Meet Our Chef
Inspiring and supporting vegans in business is all part of a day’s work for Vegan Mainstream Founder and Managing Director Stephanie Redcross West. Vegan Mainstream is a company that provides tools, training, and support for vegan professionals. It is grounded in the simple idea that in order to build a pro-vegan world we need a solid infrastructure of successful businesses and brands to ensure that an ethical lifestyle is accessible to everyone, everywhere. With 15 years of small business and Fortune 500 marketing experience under her belt, in 2009 Stephanie began blazing her trail as a leader in the vegan business world. Since then she has been working hard at not only building Vegan Mainstream into the invaluable resource it has become for vegan entrepreneurs and business owners but also collaborating with other key organizations in the vegan movement, speaking at events like vegfests and conferences, writing articles, and columns for a variety of vegan magazines and participating in vegan business forums. She is constantly looking for new ways to share her expertise and help motivate others who want to help move veganism forward. Most recently Stephanie has been using her experience with online course development to create new and innovative ways to meet the shifting and expanding needs of the vegan business community, including on-demand courses and a free online business support group. She has also been exploring the world of podcasting, always enjoying the challenge of finding new ways to help vegans make their businesses more impactful via digital platforms. You can learn more about Stephanie on her Linkedin account. Follow Vegan Mainstream on Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Now Let’s Take A Closer Look At The Tasty Vegan Bowl!
A good vegan bowl is a perfect meal because they are generally simple to make and full of all kinds of yummy veggies! And this “I’m Busy Bountiful Bowl” gets all the yum points! The sauce and spices make it so flavorful and all the veggies bring you a ton of nutrients. It is a beautiful vegan bowl that will give you that satisfied feeling, with tons of veggies and plenty of protein.
I'm Busy Bountiful Vegan Bowl
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 lb tofu Super Firm OR 1 can of Chickpeas
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 of a small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic corn
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts sliced
- 1/2 red pepper or roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp of oil
- TOPPINGS SEASONINGS: to taste
- Nutritional Yeast
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Sambal Chili
- Garlic Powder
- RAW TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup of diced cucumber 1/2 cucumber
- 1 avocado [optional]
- ⅛ cup olive oil [optional]
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water add more if you need to thin the sauce
- the base: Cook the brown rice stovetop according to package instructions or in an Instant Pot or rice cooker.
- the tofu: Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with 1/2 tbsp of oil. Slice the tofu into cubes, triangles or slabs and add to the pan. Cook on both sides until tofu is brown and crispy. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- the toppings: Use the largest non-stick pan you own. Heat over medium heat with 1 tp of oil. Saute brussel sprouts for 1 to 2 minutes. Then move to one side of the pan so you can continue to cook with the remaining vegetables. Place each veggie in distinct sections of the pan so you can safely sauté and season them separately while cooking everything in the same pan.
- seasoning the toppings: Apply two different seasonings to each vegetable topping. The objective is to add layers of flavor by applying different flavors to each topping while cooking them in the same pot.
- the finishing sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl to whisk or small food processor to blend
- the assembly: Add rice as the base, then pile on each veggie one layer at a time with the tofu on top. Then drizzle the sauce. Finally, crown with chopped cucumbers and avocado on top.
Thanks For Joining Us For This Awesome Vegan Bowl!
We learned how to make an easy and delicious vegan bowl today thanks to our guest chef, Stephanie Redcross West. I hope you will try this recipe at home and let us know how you liked it. And if you are looking for more simple vegan recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page. We have so many to choose from.