Get Ready For TWO Vegan Burger Recipes!
Let’s Meet Our Guest Chefs…
Celebrating being vegan for 5 years now, Paige has been committed to bringing ECO-VEGANISM to the forefront of every interaction: Environmentally conscious vegan living. After watching the documentary COWSPIRACY, she went vegan on the spot. Her daughter Katelyn, 13 at the time, chose veganism for the animals 6 months earlier. Paige, on the other hand, chose to go vegan “for the environment.” Soon after, she attended her first pig vigil with LA Animal Save/Save Movement. Once she looked at those baby pigs in the eyes, she knew why her daughter had gone vegan. After meeting Jane Velez-Mitchell at VegFestLA, and inspired by Jane’s bold courage, Paige became a Contributor for JaneUnChained News. She Reports on many of the latest animal rights stories and she is also the Producer and Booker for #LunchBreakLIVE on the JanUnChained News Network. She speaks globally on behalf of JaneUnChained News Network and The Los Angeles Fur Animal Save Movement. Paige is also Co-host/Co-Producer of “Plant-Based In the ‘Burbs”.
Sherri started her career in the fashion and beauty industry. For the last 16 years, she’s been a certified personal trainer/ Pilates instructor. “Fitness is apart of me. It is my passion to inspire women to see their inner and as well as their physical strengths. It’s very rewarding.” During her fitness journey, Sherri created the company W29 Activewear Brand, for women and men. She’s been living a plant-based lifestyle for 4.5 years, which started her on another phase in her life. She loves veganizing her favorite recipes and learning a different way of preparing her childhood favorites into plant-based meals. “Being able to cause no harm to living creatures has been so liberating and rewarding.” Being a mother of two grown men, Sherri is constantly creating delicious meals for her whole family. Married 30 years, a model, former hairstylist, vegan foodie, and co-host of the show “Plant-Based In the ‘Burbs “ with Paige Parsons Roache on JaneUnChained News Network.
Time For The Vegan Burger Recipes We Have Been Waiting For…
Paige and Sherri took two different approaches to their vegan burger recipes. Sherri made hers from scratch, while Paige used pre-made packaged plant-based burger patties from Sprouts Market, and added all her favorite fixins’. Either way works, both are delicious. Sherri made her patties out of black beans and a load of incredible spices. Her burger would likely be considered “healthier” than Paige’s store-bought vegan burger, however, both are far healthier than an actual animal meat burger! And frankly, way tastier too!
The Butcher Shop Vegan Burger
- 1 package of The Butcher Shop at SPROUTS plant-based burgers
- 1 Dave’s Killer Bread bun
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 2 large tomato slices
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf
- Mustard, ketchup, thousand island dressing
- 1-2 slices of plant-based cheese i.e. Follow Your Heart mozzarella/Miyoko’s Roadhouse cheddar
- Heat 2 Tsp of water to HOT
- Grill onions in the HOT pan
- Add frozen plant-based burger to the pan with grilled onions. Add a dash of water so the burger doesn’t stick to the pan. Flip in 3-5 mins. and cook other side for 3-5 mins.
- Add cheese, cover for 2-3 mins with heat off.
- Toast bun.
- Add burger and onions to bun, smothered in catsup and mustard. Add toppings, cut in half, serve with a delicious dill pickle. Enjoy!
Sherri’s Black Bean Vegan Burger
- 2 14 ounce can black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry ( I used spicy black beans) 1 Tablespoon oil ( your choice)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or oat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese I used vegan smoked gouda
- 1 Tablespoon Robbie Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Barbecue sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 vegan eggs
- Pre heat oven to 325. Spread bean evenly onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until slightly dried out.
- Meanwhile, sauce oil, chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft, about 5 mins. Gently blot some of the moisture out. Place in a large bowl or in food processor with the remaining ingredients (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, old bay, bread crumb, vegan cheese, flax eggs) Stir or pulse everything together, then add the black beans. Mash with a fork or pulse the mixture, leaving some larger chunks of beans.
- Form patties.
- To bake: Place patties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 375 for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total. Stovetop: Heat up skillet cast iron skillet, add enough oil to keep patties from sticking. Cook 8 minutes on both side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thanks for stopping by and joining in on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. We had two vegan burger recipes that are easy to make and tasty to eat. Give them a try and let us know which one you liked best! And if you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to cook up, check out the #LunchBreakLIVE page, we have a ton of recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!