Penne Pasta, Roasted Dijon Maple Broccolini, & Tofu Cashew Mayo!
PASTA PASTA~Creamy Penne Pasta with Roasted Maple Dijon Broccolini! Today’s featured chef is Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Food For Life Instructor @Tracy Childs, creator of Tracy’s REAL Foods. Visit Tracy’s site at www.TracysRealFoods.com and use code “SMALLBIZ2020 to take advantage of her Cyber Monday/Small Business “Buy 3 and get 1 FREE” deal thru Friday, December 4th.
Let’s take a look at how she made this incredibly creamy and delicious meal!
PASTA PASTA~Creamy Penne with Roasted Maple Dijon Broccolini! Jump on with today’s featured chef Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Food For Life Instructor @Tracy Childs, creator of Tracy's REAL Foods on #LunchBreakLIVE on #JaneUnchained News Network #LIVE. Visit Tracy's site at www.TracysRealFoods.com and use code "SMALLBIZ2020 to take advantage of her Cyber Monday/Small Business "Buy 3 and get 1 FREE" deal thru Friday! #supportvegan #supportsmall
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Monday, November 30, 2020
Let’s Learn a Bit More About Our Chef.
Tracy is co-founder, chef and director of Tracy’s Real Foods a whole-foods, plant-based company that ships Goodies nationwide. She’s a certified Nutritional Consultant and holds a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from eCornell. Tracy has also taught nutrition and cooking for over a decade as a Food for Life Instructor, certified with the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. As the Founder and Director of Veg-Appeal in San Diego, she offers educational cooking classes, corporate wellness, individual cooking lessons, store tours, & personal health coaching.
Tracy is also the Founder and Director of PlantDiego, a San Diego-based nonprofit organization inspired by the movie PlantPure Nation to educate and support people in living a healthy, whole food, plant-based lifestyle.
In addition, Tracy is a cookbook author! She contributed over 100 recipes for the book — Handbook to Higher Health Consciousness.
Wow, what an inspiring woman with so many great plant-based things going on in her orbit! We are so grateful she was able to join us today on #LunchBreakLIVE to cook up some penne pasta and much much more!
Penne Pasta Extravaganza With All The Sides!
This penne pasta, broccolini, and tofu cashew mayo looks amazing! The perfect dinner for the Fall and Winter months. I love a simple pasta dish as a meal. So easy to make and so many different flavor options. The tofu cashew mayo sounds like a delicious creamy topping for pasta, and I can’t wait to try it. And broccolini is one of my favorite veggies, another perfect side dish. I am posting all the recipes below so you can give this awesome meal a try for yourself. And if you are looking for additional vegan recipes to try at home, we have hundreds to choose from, so be sure to check those out. Until next time…keep cookin’!
Creamy Penne Pasta
- 3-4 cups cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup Tofu Cashew Mayo
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons garlic hummus
- 2-3 tablespoons plain unsweetened soymilk (or other plant milk)
- 2-3 medium tomatoes diced (about 2 cups)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- In a hot skillet add the garlic and about 1 cup of the diced tomato, and saute adding a splash of water as needed to prevent burning.
- Add the mayo, hummus, and soymilk to the pan, bring to a boil and add more soymilk as needed to get a nice creamy sauce.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat it well.
- Serve with the remaining tomatoes on top and a bit of fresh basil and Roasted Maple Broccolini.
Tofu Cashew Mayo
- 1 cup firm tofu drained well and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soymilk or water as needed
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, adding soymilk by the tablespoon to achieve a very smooth consistency.
Roasted Dijon Maple Broccolini
- 1 bunch broccolini parboiled for 2-3 minutes, drained well
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment.
- Place the Dijon, maple syrup and balsamic (using more to taste if you like) at the bottom of a medium bowl and toss the broccolini well to coat it well with the flavors.
- Place it in one layer on the parchment and roast for about 7 minutes until sizzling.