Pumpkin Pasta Sauce Over Penne!
Savory pumpkin pasta sauce made with sage and poured over penne pasta to bring in the Fall mood on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Chef Nicole Derseweh will be creating this satisfying saucy dish for us, and showing us how it is done.
She Gets Creative With Pumpkin Pasta Sauce, And So Much More!
Nicole Derseweh is a best-selling cookbook author, and a world-class vegan chef with culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu, and a private chef to Hollywood’s most famous health-conscious stars.
After two years of hosting and producing her own successful YouTube cooking show she recently caught the attention of one of Hollywood’s top TV production companies and is currently finding a home for her very own vegan cooking show.
She has a passion for using food to transform health and is the founder of an LA-based charity, the Martha Project, which has to date catered over 3,500 meals for the houseless community in Los Angeles.
She’s as light-hearted as she is serious about great food. Having studied improv comedy at Upright Citizens Brigade and completed their sought-after master’s program, she’s been the face and the fun for the national commercial campaigns of Prego, Ruby Tuesday, Turbo Tax, and True Car.
In essence, she’s the vegan love child of Rachel Ray and Tina Fey and she’s here to transform your relationship with veggies!
Wow, we just adore Nicole! She is so inspiring and so much fun in the kitchen. I am so excited she joined us on #LunchBreakLIVE and shared this incredible Fall recipe with us.
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce with a Side of Penne!
This is the perfect Fall recipe! Warm and savory with that pumpkin and sage flavor we crave this time of year. I have never had a pumpkin pasta sauce but I must say it looks and sounds delicious. I bet the aroma is awesome too. And topped with beautiful pomegranate seeds, what a stunning dish. I am going to provide the recipe below for this meal and I hope you give it a try. Nicole is super creative in the kitchen and her recipes are always amazing! If you are looking for other vegan recipes to cook up this Fall be sure to check out our archives. We have so many to choose from.
Pumpkin Sage Sauce over Penne Pasta
- 1 can Pumpkin pure
- 7-10 leaves fresh Sage
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Miyoko’s butter
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bullion
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream
- 2 Tbls of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 package Gf penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1.) in medium pot start to boil water for your pasta
- 2.) in a medium sauce pan on medium heat and onion and Miyoko’s butter , sauté onions until tender and transparent
- 3.) pour in your pumpkin purée, coconut cream, and bullion. Stir and bring to a simmer
- 4.) add in sage and white balsamic vinegar and allow to simmer for 2-3 more minutes until the sage becomes fragrant, remove from heat and set aside
- 5.) add noodles to pot of water and cook until Al dente, strain from water and place back in pot
- 6.) pour pumpkin sauce over fresh noodles and stir to coat well
- 7.) plate pasta in small bowl and garnish with more fresh sage and enjoy
Thank You For Stopping By!
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. I had so much fun watching Nicole work her magic in the kitchen and I hope you did too! Fall recipes are some of my favorite recipes, with the aromas and flavors of pumpkin and spice! Be sure to join us every day LIVE on Facebook at 12:30 pm PST for a new vegan recipe being whipped up. And if you are looking for a new platform to spread your vegan vibes, be sure to join plantbasedneighbor.com. Until next time…