Creamy Coconut Curry Made with Mushrooms + Spinach.
Creamy coconut curry with mushrooms and spinach is on the menu today with our guest Chef Kimberly Guerin on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE. Curry is a delicious choice for the chilly Fall weather we have been experiencing as of late. Pour it over some fresh white rice and heaven awaits.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU TODAY? Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Curry with Certified Plant Based Nutrition Coach, Animal Advocate, and World Traveler Kimberly Guerin on #LunchBreakLIVE on #JaneUnchained News Network
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Tuesday, November 10, 2020
A Coconut Curry Master and More.
Kimberly Guerin works for National Geographic and is an animal advocate and activist. She is also a world traveler and a passionate vegan who loves to spread the vegan message whenever possible. Certified in plant-based nutrition, Kim enjoys helping people transition to a healthier and more compassionate lifestyle.
We love it when Kimberly joins us on #LunchBreakLIVE and shares some of her favorite meals with us. We are so lucky to have such great chefs join us on a daily basis, spreading their vegan vibes through food. Be sure to check out past shows for a variety of creative recipes available for you to try at home. Now let’s get back to the Curry made on today’s show.
Let’s Get Cooking!
I don’t know about you, but I am ready to get cooking some coconut curry, I am hungry! And this meal looks perfect. Simple to make, creamy, healthy, and filling. I am posting the recipe below so you can give it a try too, and I sure hope you will. Also, I recently joined plantbasedneighbor.com to connect with like-minded people in my area and I am loving it. Consider signing up and creating a new outlet to spread your vegan message and meet new people. Until next time…
Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Coconut Curry 🥥
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 medium yellow or red onion finely chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger peeled, minced
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1.5 cups mushrooms thinly sliced (about 15 small mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 can coconut milk I used full-fat
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes sliced
- Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger to a large pot on high heat and sauté for 3 minutes. Add splashes of water to prevent burning, and to deglaze the pot as needed.
- Add the chickpeas and mushrooms to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Add the curry and paprika powders and sauté for one minute longer.
- Add the coconut milk, bell peppers, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes at the end, stir, and remove from heat. Serve with rice or naan, and garnish with chilli flakes and lemon wedges.