It’s Vegan Green Bean Casserole Season!
The holidays are coming, and with that comes amazing comfort food! Today we have a vegan green bean casserole recipe that will rock your upcoming Holiday meals. Green bean casserole is an American staple and presents itself on dinner tables across the country during this time of year. But we have made it even better with a vegan version! Chef Michelle May will share with us her special recipe for this all time favorite.
We’re getting a head start on Thanksgiving, with Michelle May, making a veganized version of everyone’s holiday favorite – Green Bean Casserole 💚🌿 With gluten-free fried onions 🧅 ✨
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, November 7, 2020
The Vegan Green Bean Casserole Master Has Lots Of Tricks Up Her Sleeve!
Michelle May is President & Founder of Seva Foods. With a lifelong love for food, Michelle is passionate about helping improve the lives of individuals and the health of the planet through the way we eat. She is a graduate of culinary and nutrition programs at Matthew Kenney Culinary and is also certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through Cornell University. Having worked for over a decade in tech, as a web developer and graphic designer, Michelle transitioned to the wellness industry in 2015. Prior to founding Seva Foods in 2017, she was a recipe developer and provided community cooking classes, nutrition workshops, and private chef services. In addition to being a nutrition geek and plant-based chef, Michelle is also a longtime yogi, animal rights activist, dog mom, vegan community organizer, and founder of Benjii’s Canine Cuisine.
Do You Like Green Beans?
I love vegan green bean casserole because I love green beans and those crunchy fried onions that generally top a green bean casserole. Green beans are a magical veggie with all sorts of healthy vitamins and minerals our bodies need. So they not only taste great but they are good for you…even if in a casserole! I can’t wait to see how Michelle’s recipe turned out. And if you are interested in trying this recipe for yourself or the upcoming holidays, it is posted below, so get cooking!
Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- 6 cups trimmed chopped green beans
- 1 ½ cups canned fried onions
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add green beans, ½ cup of filtered water, and a few dashes of salt to a skillet and cover. Saute over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until green beans have softened and water has evaporated. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add mushrooms and olive oil to a skillet and cover. Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Blend cashews, vegetable stock, and garlic in a high-speed blender until completely smooth to make sauce. Pulse in cooked mushrooms.
- Stir sauce into green beans and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until it’s hot and bubbling.
- Top with fried onions and broil for about 2 minutes, until onions are lightly browned.
Thanks For Cooking With Us!
This was a fun #SaturdaySnackDown show and I hope you enjoyed it too. It is always good to be ahead of the cooking game when it comes to holiday meals, so this one is going on my list of things to cook this year! Looks simple and delicious. And if you are looking for other holiday vegan recipes to cook up this year be sure to check out our archives. There are a ton of recipes to choose from. There is also a cool new website to join called plantbasedneighbor.com. It is a great place to meet like-minded people in your neighborhood. Go on…spread your vegan vibes and sign up! Until next time…