Jackfruit Recipes…You Don’t Want To Miss This One!
Jackfruit recipes are awesome, and you just found one of the best! Marlon and Stephanie fry up a SITUATION in the kitchen!! Fried Jackfruit Balls just l like your old favorite nuggets!! Except, no cruelty and totally vegan. Serve this recipe with your favorite veggies and Dairy-free dipping sauce and you will surely be in heaven.
Checkout Marlon @PlantbasedG and Stephanie @TheSuperfoodGoddess fry up a SITUATION!! FRIED JACKFRUIT Balls just l like your old favorite nuggets!! Serve with your favorite veggies and Dairy free dipping sauce!!
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Jackfruit Recipes…And So Much More!
Marlon is a regular on #LunchBreakLIVE, so we know he is a magician in the kitchen, but there is so much more than just kitchen skills when it comes to Marlon.
Marlon Rison, PlantbasedG, transitioned to a vegan lifestyle during the summer of 2017 in an effort to improve his health, but he quickly grew to appreciate the compassion for animals. After losing over 150 lbs, and equipped with an open mind, he was led to seek out like-minded people at live events and through social media. His world changed as a result.
Through these interactions, opportunities arose that include speaking engagements, in-person cooking, and live streaming, special focus interviews, and even recognition from VegNews Magazine as one of the “Black Vegans” you need to follow on Instagram.
Marlon’s most recent venture is the compilation of his first cookbook—Quarantine 15. A collection of 15 (plus one bonus) curated vegan recipes to comfort the soul and nourish the body. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the cookbook will be available for download on Shopify. Also available are some cool swag, including t-shirts and caps.
Marlon’s greatest passion is to be a change agent, providing a living breathing example of what can be done if you treat yourself like you love yourself—beginning with what you feed your body.
Stephanie, who goes by The Superfood Goddess, went vegan for health reasons. Thirteen years ago, She went Vegan for her brother, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. She searched to find a solution and read that eating Whole Foods, superfoods, ditching meat & dairy, and eating little to no processed sugar, could help one’s mental health. After a Three-month vegan challenge with her brother and mom, she felt better than ever, more energy, more vibrant, and she realized some of her chronic sickness and ailments went away. She even was able to stop taking her depression and anxiety medication after a couple of years of being vegan (of course, ALWAYS with a doctor helping her wean off the meds).
Through healing herself, she realized she could help others heal themselves through food and nutrition. From her studies and attending physician conferences where doctors speak on plant-based Healthcare, she realized that one could stop, slow, or reverse heart disease, diabetes, brain fog, cancer, and so much more. She holds 3 certifications in holistic nutrition and integrative health coaching. She’s off to take her masters in Clinical Nutrition this April! She is a yogini and got certified to teach in 2014. She knows her purpose in life is to help others and she is passionate about spreading the vegan message.
Above all, Stephanie remembers how hard it was at first to navigate through what to eat. She doesn’t want the idea of trying a new healthy lifestyle to stop anyone from succeeding, which is why she got certified to coach. You can contact her for a free health consultation on many subjects ranging from weight loss, dis-ease, mental health, and so much more. She presents and teaches cooking classes in small gatherings, at Veg Fests, and festivals. Connect with her, she’s super open, positive, and full of GLOW to share.
Let’s See The Food!
These fried jackfruit balls look so delicious. But don’t take my word for it, check out the photos. They look like the perfect appetizer recipe for all your sauce dipping desires. We love jackfruit recipes that are perfect for parties or gatherings, or even just a night on the couch for some Netflix and chill time! And this is that perfect recipe.
Jackfruit Recipes Are The Best Recipes!
Jackfruit recipes rock, because jackfruit is so versatile and absorbs flavor like a champ! So I love new ways to cook up some delicious jackfruit. I will certainly be frying up these babies at home, and I hope you will too. The recipe is below, so get cooking!
Jackfruit Recipes: Fried Jackfruit Balls
- 2 14 oz cans of young jackfruit
- 3 vegan eggs egg replacer or flax
- 2-3 tbsp of corn starch
- ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of pickle juice
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- ¼ cup of non-sweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- Avocado oil
- 1 diced jalapeno optional
- A handful of diced onions optional
- A little time for extra prep will make this even better. First, remove the jackfruit from the can and drain all of the water out. Break the jackfruit down by hand into stringy strands. If you prefer a more dense texture, blend jackfruit in the food processor on low for 20-30 seconds.
- Next place jackfruit in a large mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of corn starch, panko bread crumbs, 2 vegan eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic salt, pickle juice, paprika, and jalapeno/onion (optional). Mix well until the mixture gets a thick and sticky texture. If it’s too wet to make balls that stick together add another tbsp of corn starch and mix. Place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours allowing flavors to blend and mixture to set.
- Ready to cook?? Place a large skillet on the stove, medium heat, and add a ¼ inch of oil.
- Remove jackfruit from the fridge and roll up into small balls for frying. Try to make a little smaller than a golf ball. This will make for faster cooking. Roll up and set aside on a dish.
- Now time for batter dipping then a swim in the oil. In 3 separate dishes add in cornmeal for one, vegan egg & plant-based milk for another, and last flour. Take a jackfruit ball and roll in cornmeal fully covering, dip in wet concoction then cover again with flour. Get a batch together and place in oil. Cook for 10-12 minutes (rolling or flipping consistently) or until golden brown and cooked through the middle.
Hook up your favorite sauce and you can have a dipping party! Enjoy!
For The Love Of Jackfruit Recipes.
This was such a fun episode with Marlon and Stephanie. I really enjoyed it and I hope you did too. If you are looking for more delicious vegan recipes, check out some previous episodes of #LunchBreakLIVE. There are a ton to choose from. Until next time…