Creamy Lemongrass Lentil Curry
On today’s #LunchBreskLIVE guest Chef Vanessa Marsot joins us, making a delicious Lemongrass Lentil Curry that you don’t want to miss. This dish is so creamy, with a bit of spice, delicious for the Fall months. Let’s see how she does it.
Daily Cooking Show from the Jane Unchained Live Channel highlighting Vegan chefs..Today's show features Burmese creamy lemongrass lentil curry by Vanessa MarsotVanessa, a Yale graduate, and an actress, yoga and pole dance instructor, personal trainer and licensed psychotherapist, whose mission is to stop animal suffering, founded Ellora Wellness, a global vegan, organic wellness center, regularly hosts #LunchBreakLIVE on JaneUnChained News Network.
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Sunday, September 13, 2020
Lentil Curry Bliss With Vanessa!
Vanessa is a Yale graduate, and an actress, yoga and pole dance instructor, personal trainer, and licensed psychotherapist. Her mission is to stop animal suffering. She founded Ellora Wellness, a global vegan, organic wellness center, and regularly hosts #LunchBreakLIVE on JaneUnChained News Network.
Vanessa is a regular host on #LunchBreakLIVE, always cooking up world vegan recipes, like this Lemongrass Lentil Curry. Her dishes are usually oil-free, super healthy, but never lack in taste. Let’s check out how her dish turned out today.
You Ready To Cook Up Some Curry Lentils?
This looks like such a tasty dish. Lentils are super healthy and high in protein, so this curry lentil dish is a bowl of health, waiting to be eaten. This nutrient-packed dish packs a punch with the metabolism-boosting chili peppers, the Asian flair of lemongrass and coconut cream, the tang of lime, the crunchiness of cauliflower, and the freshness of the greens. You don’t need oil in this rich dish which uses vegetable broth in place of any empty calories, and has more protein than a protein powder blend, with its lentils and tofu. After eating this nutritious, filling, and powerful dish, your metabolism will be dancing away for hours. I am providing the recipe below so you can give it a try yourself. Please let us know how the recipe turned out for you.
Burmese Creamy Lemongrass Curry Lentils
- 3 small to medium shallots minced, about 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons Chili Pepper or 2 fresh or dried chiles minced (use more if you like heat)
- 1 cup kale or spinach ribs removed and leaves ripped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper plus more to taste
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced if large
- 1 cup fresh spinach for serving
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 cups pre-cooked lentils (either cook in the instant pot or cook over medium heat until tender, about 45 minutes)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and chiles, and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable broth if the pan starts sticking.
- Add kale, cauliflower, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until cauliflower begins to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chickpea flour with 1 cup vegetable broth until smooth. Add this mixture to the pan with the remaining 1 cup of vegetable broth, coconut milk, lime juice, and a bay leaf.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, reduce to low until the cauliflower is beginning to become tender, but is not yet cooked through 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook just until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork, 2-3 minutes, adding more broth or water if your sauce is too thick.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach and 3 tablespoons peanuts, Lentils, and serve over quinoa or rice. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon fresh peanuts and sliced scallions.
Thank You For Joining Us In This Lentil Curry Lunch!
This was a super fun show, and we thank you for stopping by and joining us. If you liked this recipe, you can find many more from previous #LunchBreakLIVE shows. There are recipes available from all over the world, so be sure to check them out. Until next time…