Fried Cauliflower And So Much More!
Have you ever had a fried cauliflower? If your answer was no, you must try this recipe. Today on #LunchBreakLIVE Marlon Rison shows us how it’s done, and adds some spicy noodles and collard greens as side dishes. Yum!
Oh yes, this is the definition of a comfort meal…Chick'n Fried Cauliflower, Spicy Noodles and Collard Greens! Ask again…what do vegans eat??? We eat everything good!!! #vegans #plantbased #foodporn #lifestyle #cook
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
He Sure Can Cook A Great Fried Cauliflower, But What Else?
Marlon is a regular on #LunchBreakLIVE, so we know he is a magician in the kitchen, but there is so much more than just kitchen skills when it comes to Marlon.
Marlon Rison, PlantbasedG, transitioned to a vegan lifestyle during the summer of 2017 in an effort to improve his health, but he quickly grew to appreciate the compassion for animals. After losing over 150 lbs, and equipped with an open mind, he was led to seek out like-minded people at live events and through social media. His world changed as a result.
Through these interactions, opportunities arose that include speaking engagements, in-person cooking, and live streaming, special focus interviews, and even recognition from VegNews Magazine as one of the “Black Vegans” you need to follow on Instagram.
Marlon’s most recent venture is the compilation of his first cookbook—Quarantine 15. A collection of 15 (plus one bonus) curated vegan recipes to comfort the soul and nourish the body. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the cookbook will be available for download on Shopify. Also available are some cool swag, including t-shirts and caps.
Marlon’s greatest passion is to be a change agent, providing a living breathing example of what can be done if you treat yourself like you love yourself—beginning with what you feed your body.
What an inspiration he is! I just love him. And I love his food! He recently showed us how to make a bangin’ Gyro that was explosive in flavor! You should definitely check out that show too. But for today, let’s check out the Meatless Meatballs Marlon whipped up today using mushrooms!
Check out This Fried Cauliflower!
Once you see the photos of this incredible meal you will for sure want to make this at home. The fried cauliflower looks so good I wish I could grab a bite through my computer screen! The noodles and collard greens don’t look bad either. Oh my, what a meal! I have had fried cauliflower before, but it didn’t look as good as Marlon’s! This recipe seems way tastier, filled with comfort in every bite.
Fried Cauliflower And All The Fixin’s Recipe
I am providing the recipe for this fried cauliflower meal below and I promise you won’t be disappointed if you choose to try it out. Your friends and/or family would be super impressed if you made this dish for them. It is that amazing. I am going to try and convince one of my friends to make it for me…ha ha ha.
Chick’n Fried Cauliflower, Spicy Noodles, and Collard Greens
- 1 medium to large purple cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsps sea salt
- 2 tbsps pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 vegan eggs for wet batter
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 4 tbsps avocado oil
- 500 g Fusilli noodles
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
COLLARD GREENS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large bunch of collard greens
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 1/4 diced onions
- 2 pieces vegan sausage chopped
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Collard greens first...this will take about an hour or so to have the flavor we want! Turn stovetop to medium-high and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Once hot add garlic and onions and allow to simmer/turn brown in color.
- Next, add chopped sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high then add veggie broth, salt, red pepper flakes, and collard greens. Turn temp to low, cover, and cook for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Noodles next. Follow directions on packaging (boil and drain). Once washed, add back to the pot along with 1/4 cup of veggie broth, jalapeño, bell pepper, and salt. Cook on low stirring for 8-10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Cauliflower time!!! Preheat stovetop on medium-high. In a large skillet add 4 tbsps of avocado oil (can add a little more if necessary).
- If not ready make your vegan egg for wet mix now. After this sits for 10 min pour almond milk and vegan egg into pie dish (great for mixing).
- On a plate pour out tapioca flour to prepare for the batter. In another pan or large plate (mix first) layout salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and breadcrumbs/flour mix. We are ready for the food frying assembly! Seasoned flour is the secret!
- Chop cauliflower into filets by cutting from the top down about an inch and a half thick. Fully coat filet with tapioca flour then dip into wet batter covering the entire piece. Last fully cover with breadcrumb/flour mix and carefully place into skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes on both sides. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel allowing the removal of excess oil.
- Now that everything is done...layer it. Greens on the bottom, noodles next, and cauliflower on top. Sprinkle some extra seasoning if needed and enjoy!!
Thank You For Joining Us!
This was one of my favorite recipes of the year! It just looks like the best comfort food for a chilly fall night. I can’t wait to find someone to cook it for me. Any volunteers?
If you are looking for other incredible vegan recipes, we have so many available for you from our previous shows. There are recipes from all over the globe…healthy food, comfort food, lunch, dinners, desserts…anything you might be craving, so be sure to check it out. Until next time…