This Veggie Burger Recipe, Peruvian Style, Is Mouth-Watering!
Looking for a hot veggie burger recipe? Andres Velarde joins us on #LunchBreakLIVE with his incredible Peruvian vegan burger made with red beans (and more)! This burger is so creative and delicious, your friends and family will definitely come back for seconds! Made with red kidney beans as the base and sprinkled with spices for that Peruvian kick! Check it out:
YOU GOTTA BE KIDNEY BEAN! 🍔Find out on #TODAY’s #LunchBreakLIVE plantbased cooking show, hosted by Andrés Velarde andreswithplants , Animal Rights Activistand Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org, an intentional community hub built upon the Dean Ornish lifestyle for disease-free longevity, as he shows us how he makes this #RedBeanBurger in just 20 minutes! 🇵🇪#LIVE #andreswithplants
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Monday, August 17, 2020
Why Did Andrés Use Red Kidney Beans In This Veggie Burger Recipe?
Andrés is a vegan influencer and activist from Perú. He has always been interested in how systems can change drastically by having small breakthroughs at a time. His most memorable breakthrough experience happened the day he went vegan on November 3rd, 2017 after watching ‘What The Health’ twice and realizing that he could solve his health problems, help end environmental problems and help restore the values in society by just shifting his lifestyle by going vegan.
Andrés loves beans, they are such a comfort food for him. He grew up eating red kidney beans, as they’re a staple ingredient in Peruvian cuisine. So he is not new to the benefits and creative ways to use red kidney beans in recipes, as you can tell from today’s recipe, made with red kidney beans!
Andrés is a regular on #LunchBreakLIVE cooking up awesome Peruvian dishes. Here is an episode I really enjoyed where he made Aji De Soya.
Veggie Burger Recipe (Peruvian Red Bean Burger)
- 1 vegan burger bun
- 1 tbsp Guacamole
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 raw onion rings
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- half of a finely chopped carrot
- 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger
- 2 lettuce leafs
- 2 cups of mashed red kidney beans
- 2 drops of liquid smoke
- Cornstarch or oats if needed
- Mix your mashed beans with the spices (salt, pepper, oregano, garlic parsley, liquid smoke), chopped ginger, onion, carrots, and liquid smoke. You should have a paste-like consistency full of colors.
- Feel free to add cornstarch or oats if you want a more solid burger.
- Place on an oiled pan at medium heat for 3 minutes per side or until you have a nice golden brown on each side.
- Assemble your burger using the buns, guacamole, lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.
I hope that you will try this recipe at home and let us know what you think! Leave a comment below and if you like the recipe be sure to share it out! Thanks so much for being here and see you next time on #LunchBreakLIVE!