Can’t wait for the big reveal of what’s gonna be stuffed in these big pasta shells! Let’s find out in this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with featured vegan chef Marlon Rison, AKA PlantbasedG, creator of the Quarantine15 cookbook and fitness powerhouse.
MAN LOSES 150 lbs on PLANTBASED DIET! STUFFED (WITH WHAT?) PASTA SHELLS! Can’t wait for the big reveal of what’s gonna be stuffed in these big pasta shells #TODAY with featured vegan chef Marlon Rison, AKA PlantbasedG, creator of the Quarentine15 cookbook and fitness powerhouse on #LunchBreakLIVE
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Marlon Rison, PlantbasedG, transitioned to a vegan lifestyle during the summer of 2017 in an effort to improve his health, but he quickly grew to appreciate the compassion for animals. After losing over 150 lbs, and equipped with an open mind, he was led to seek out like-minded people at live events and through social media. His world changed as a result.
Through these interactions, opportunities arose that include speaking engagements, in-person cooking, and live streaming, special focus interviews, and even recognition from VegNews Magazine as one of the “Black Vegans” you need to follow on Instagram.
Marlon’s most recent venture is the compilation of his first cookbook—Quarantine 15. A collection of 15 (plus one bonus) curated vegan recipes to comfort the soul and nourish the body. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the cookbook will be available for download on Shopify. Also available are some cool swag, including t-shirts and caps.
Marlon’s greatest passion is to be a change agent, providing a living breathing example of what can be done if you treat yourself like you love yourself—beginning with what you feed your body.
Marlon has been a guest Chef a few times on #LunchBreakLIVE and he never disappoints. His recipes are downright delicious, always filled with a boast of flavor, never boring, and always unique. Let’s check out the awesome stuffed shells he made for us today!
Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 12 oz white mushrooms ground in a food processor
- 1 cup finely chopped chard
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 medium-size bell pepper
- ½ small onion
- 24 oz marinara
- 8 oz roasted tomatoes
- 12 oz large pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews soaked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic/chili salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- Preheat oven on 375 degrees.
- Let’s make the vegan ricotta. My advice is to soak the cashews the day before…if not, you can do a quick soak method. Boil cashews for 5 minutes, rinse and set aside.
- Place cashews, water, vinegar, lime, garlic, 1 tbsp of salt and pepper into a blender or food processor, process until creamy. Taste and add flavoring to your liking.
- Pasta time…boil noodles for 10-15 minutes (or follow directions on packaging) until desired texture is achieved. Rinse with cold water.
- Before stuffing, blend the bell pepper, onion and jalepeno in a food processor. This will be a flavor fire starter for each stuffed shell!
- In a medium size pan cover the entire bottom with marinara. If you are really saucy, get some depth with your marinara pour.
- When it comes to stuffing, you can go in whatever order that makes you feel good. For me, I went ground mushrooms, cashew ricotta, pepper and onion mixture and last chard. Fill one up and place in the pan. Repeat (and enjoy the process) until pan covered in stuffing!!!
- Pour roasted tomatoes between each stuffed shell. Apply as generously as you would like.
- Add the seasonings…1 tbsp of salt, chili powder, garlic/chili salt, Italian seasonings and whatever makes your Italian meal the bomb!!
- Cover and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover, increase temp to 450 degrees and place back in oven for 5 minutes to finish things off.
- Let cool for a bit and dig in!!!