Andrés Velarde joins us again on #LunchBreakLIVE with is magical cooking in the kitchen…all the way from Peru! Today he is showing us how to make an awesome falafel sandwich and no-oil french fries in just 20 minutes! Can you imagine…a Falafel filled sandwich homemade in just 20 minutes, with fries to top it off? It’s that easy!
CRAVING QUICK N’ EASY FALAFEL? Find out on #TODAY’s #LunchBreakLIVE plantbased cooking show, hosted by Andrés Velarde andreswithplants , Animal Rights Activistand Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org, an intentional community hub built upon the Dean Ornish lifestyle for disease-free longevity, showing us how he makes this #EmergencyMeal in just 20 minutes! 🇵🇪#LIVE
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Monday, August 10, 2020
Andrés is a vegan influencer and activist from Perú. He’s always been interested in how systems can change drastically with little breakthroughs. His most memorable breakthrough experience happened the day he went vegan on November 3rd, 2017 after watching ‘What The Health’ twice and realizing that he could solve his health problems, impact environmental change, and restore his values in society by just shifting his lifestyle. Andrés then realized animals weren’t meant to be food or items with a price. It wasn’t mathematically efficient to feed or satisfy the world’s needs that way.
Dishes like Falafel show us that plant-based recipes are timeless, and always tasty. Andrés feels vegan food is the root of what we were meant to eat in the first place.
Andrés is such a remarkable young man with so much ambition and is ready to do whatever he can to make the world a better, more compassionate place. I admire his pursuit and look forward to seeing what he has in store next on his vegan journey. Now, let’s check out the delicious meal he made for us on #LunchBreakLIVE.
Falafel sliders with no-oil fries
- Ingredients per falafel slider:
- 1 slider bun
- Vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of crushed onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt black pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/16 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 cup of ground raw chickpeas you can also use cooked
- Ingredients for fries:
- 3 potatoes
- Salt pepper, and garlic.
- Making the falafel slider:
- Mix the ground chickpeas, parsley, and onion with your spices and the cornstarch in a bowl. Let rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Grab the mixture and shape it into a patty. Add more cornstarch if desired before frying in a pan for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Assemble your slider: bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, falafel, top bun. Easy!
- Making the no-oil fries:
- This works either in a mini oven or a regular kitchen oven. Boil your potatoes first until they are fork-tender.
- Feel free to cut them into wedges or sticks and sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Place them in your oven at 200 degrees Celsius and keep an eye on them every 10-15 minutes. In my oven, I baked them for 35 minutes.