Andres is an Animal Rights Activist and Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org, an intentional community hub built upon the Dean Ornish lifestyle for disease-free longevity. And today we are lucky enough to have him show us how he makes his ground ‘beet’ taco bowls!
HE CAME UP WITH ‘GROUND BEET’? Find out on #TODAY’s #LunchBreakLIVE plantbased cooking show, hosted by Andrés Velarde andreswithplants, Animal Rights Activistand Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org, an intentional community hub built upon the Dean Ornish lifestyle for disease-free longevity, showing us how he makes his ground ‘beet’ taco bowls! 🌮 🇵🇪#LIVE
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Monday, August 3, 2020
Andres was born, raised, and educated in Lima, Perú. He went vegan on the 3rd of November, 2017 (after watching ‘What the Health’), and his passion is incorporating a Gaia business vision into veganism. A social media connoisseur, published vegan author with a knack for writing hard-hitting articles and telling the capital T Truth, Andrés is a vegan, stoic humanist advocate, with a holistic view of the world.
He’s also not bad in the kitchen, always showing us amazing Peruvian dishes that he creates and transforms into vegan masterpieces.
Ground Beet Taco Bowl with Passionfruit Dressing
- A bowl
- Sweet potato
- Raw onion
- Red bell pepper
- Red kidney beans
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Ground 'beet' recipe below
- Vegan mayo
- 1 passionfruit
- Jamaican Curry
- For the beans: Take your pre-cooked beans and heat them in a pan with 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1 cup of vegetable broth, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- For the ground 'beet': in a big bowl, take 1/2 cup of crushed beets, 1 cup of lentils, 1 drop of liquid smoke, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mix with ground oats until you achieve a consistency you can shape into a ball. Then bake for 20 minutes or until hardened a little bit. Take this ball and turn it into a crumble, either with your fingers or with a knife. Next, sautee these pieces on a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes. This step is important because we want to feel the ground 'beet' crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- For the dressing: Blend the inside of a passionfruit, pass it through a colander, then mix a spoonful of this cream with stevia, vegan mayo, parsley, Jamaican curry, salt, and pepper.
- Finally, start assembling your taco bowl!