Your Vegan Friend Tonia joins us again for a fabulous recipe on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE! We are going bananas in the kitchen with this incredibly easy and delicious recipe for vegan banana bread! Filled with crunch and a delicate sweetness, you can’t go wrong!
Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
You can watch Tonia on #LunchBreakLIVE every Tuesday at 12:30 pm PST on JaneUnChained Facebook LIVE. Her shows are always so fun to watch because she not only makes AMAZING food, but Tonia has an infectious energy about her and is fun to watch in the kitchen. It’s always a magical and entertaining experience!
Now let’s check out what Tonia cooked up today! This banana bread looks so delicious! Wish I could have some RIGHT NOW!
VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- 8 previously frozen or extra ripe bananas
- 5/8 C plant-based milk
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 3 1/4 C flour
- 2.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C walnuts if desired
- Mix everything in a bowl!
- Spray and flour your pan.
- (Split the batter into two pans)
- Bake for 45 minutes on 350 uncovered.
- Cover with foil and cook again for another 15-25 minutes.
- If you check it to see if it's cooked enough the knife will not come out perfectly dry. It will set up more after it's out of the oven.