A QUINOA BOWL FULL OF MAGIC
QUINOA WHAT? One-Pot Mexican Quinoa Bowl & Creamy Green Goodness Salad Dressing with 3 generations who have embraced a healthy, plant-strong lifestyle with astounding results! Join Tracy Childs of Tracy’s REAL Foods and Sharon Klupt McRae of Eat Well Stay Well, LLC in a coast to coast edition of #LunchbreakLIVE in collaboration with #Plantastic. Sharon and Tracy both are instructors with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. We also have Sharon’s father and son making an appearance!
Tracy, mom of two grown children, is the founder and director of Veg-Appeal, PlantDiego, plus the recently launched Tracy’s REAL Foods – featuring freshly made vegan, whole food cookies, and other plant-based snacks and treats shipped or delivered FRESH, nationwide. She also teaches nutrition and cooking with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Food for Life program.
Sharon McRae is a wife and mom of three, Certified Plant-Based Health Coach, PCRM Food for Life Instructor, and Founder/Organizer of the Columbia MD Forks Over Knives Meetup Group. She has been adopting and applying principles of health and nutrition in her own life for more than three decades. Sharon became a health coach to fulfill her passion for helping others take control of their health by making better lifestyle choices and adopting a whole food vegan diet.
This was such an inspiring show, seeing 3 generations of vegans share their stories about how adopting a plant-based diet totally changed their lives, especially for Sharon’s father. Wow, what a story! Please make sure to watch the video to hear his full story!
ONE-POT MEXICAN QUINOA BOWL THAT IS DROOL WORTHY
This recipe is so simple and quick. You just throw everything in an Instant Pot and bam, you’ve got one delicious and healthy meal! It has just enough spice to add zing to every flavorful bite. It is packed full of fiber to keep you full for a good amount of time.
This was such a great show, seeing 3 generations thriving on a plant-based diet and sharing with us their go-to family-friendly vegan meals! The Tex Mex Quinoa Bowl and the Green Goodness Dressing both are super easy to make and are filled with so much flavor! Give them a try and let us know how you liked them!
One Pot Mexican Quinoa Bowl (Instant Pot Adaptation)
- ¾ cup water
- 16- oz. bag frozen fire roasted or sweet corn add frozen, no need to thaw first
- 16- oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables of choice add frozen, no need to thaw first
- 1 Tbs Mexican/Fajita/Taco spice blend
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can/carton Black Beans drained and rinsed (or 1 1⁄2 cups freshly cooked black beans)
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed well if not pre-rinsed
- 16- oz. jar Salsa salt-, oil-, sugar-free preferred
- Add water, vegetables, spices, and beans in that order to the 6 qt Instant Pot and stir. Then layer quinoa and salsa on top; do not stir to prevent sticking to the bottom. Set to Manual for 1 min.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 min, then quick release.
- Serve as is, over a salad or bed of steamed greens, or wrap in a tortilla, lettuce or collard leaf for a delicious burrito. Also great as a salad topping or over a baked potato or sweet potato.
Creamy Green Goodness Dressing/Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds or sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 medium raw zucchini about 1 cup chunks
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pitted dates
A DELICIOUS ONE-POT LUNCH!
This was quite a tasty show, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your final dish and Tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton of other easy vegan recipes for you to try. Until next time…keep cookin’!